fentanyl patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fentanyl patch

read the product insert of fentanyl patch and found out that prior to sticking the patch, the skin area where the patch is supposed to be sticked should not be cleaned with soap but just with water. and, the hands should only be cleaned with just water. just wondering what's the rationale behind this.

Originally posted by ykw View Post
    read the product insert of fentanyl patch and found out that prior to sticking the patch, the skin area where the patch is supposed to be sticked should not be cleaned with soap but just with water. and, the hands should only be cleaned with just water. just wondering what's the rationale behind this.
    The patient info sheet says that you shoud avoid putting anything on the skin (soaps, lotions, oils, alcohol etc) before the patch is applied, and to wash the skin with water only. I would think that any other substance, between the skin and the patch, could possibly affect the release profile of the drug into the skin, and thus the resulting blood level. I'm not sure of this though, and it's just my best guess.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

fentanyl patches

soap is an excellent non-stick agent. Use on zips, screw in light bulbs etc.
      johnep

Comment

Working...
      X