No announcement yet.

What is the role of pharmacist at you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the role of pharmacist at you?

hello
    i am egyptian pharmacist and i ask you
    what is
    the exact role of clinical pharmacist at you.
    we read that the doctor diagnose the disease and pharmacist who choose the drug and dose for the patient...
    Is this true?
    If false, what is role of pharmacist ????

"Sory for poor english language of me , I am arabian"
    [COLOR="Olive"][I][U]Egyptian Pharmacist[/U][/I][/COLOR]

Hi, Koomcity

You meat the Clinical Pharmacist. Well, I think that to be a Clinical Pharmacist you must master Pharmacy and Clinical both. Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetic is very necessary which the Clinical Pharmacist must masters. And for the Clinical (eg. Diagnosis) Clinical Pharmacist must be familiar with the basic knowlegde.

The Job of Clinical Pharmacist in my country is TDM, Assessment of new drugs, Clinical Trials and so on.
    mail: xiongliang0#gmail.com

Comment

thank you xiongliang0 for reply but i need more details about the limlts of clinical pharmacist
      is he still assesstant to the doctor?
      is he still understaff ?
      can he become a minister of health ?
      can he become a manager of a hospital?

Comment

[QUOTE=koomcity;3047]thank you xiongliang0 for reply but i need more details about the limlts of clinical pharmacist
        is he still assesstant to the doctor?
        or consultant - sometimes yes - however the clinical pharmacist can be part of the process limit what can be prescribed in a hospital setting

is he still understaff ?
        Probably paid less than some and more than others

can he become a minister of health ?
        In the UK that has little to do with anything clinical it's about politics and the ability to implement policy - However in the UK one of the opposition partys health spokesperson is a pharmacist.

can he become a manager of a hospital?
        Again in the UK most hospitals have a post of Chief pharmacist - but the management of the hospital is by managers rather than anyone clinical.

Jeff

Comment

In PRC (People's Republic of China) now, the job of clinical pharmacist is well launched in Military Hospitals, meanwhile in Local Hospital the job of clinical pharmacist is just starting.

The professors who works in one Military Hospital tech us Clinical Drug Therapy. I can see that they are very familiar with Drugs and Diseases. It means that they are not only pharmacists but also doctors.

But Clinical Pharmacist is only one part of Therapy Process. Clinical Pharmacist is not able to replace doctor, but the treatment is not able to be perfect without Clinical Pharmacist.
          mail: xiongliang0#gmail.com

Comment

thank you xiongliang0
            thank you jeff
            And we as pharmacists all over world must demand more expanding role suit for our skills

Comment

Working...
            X