steroid topical use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steroid topical use

can i know the reason of why 2 different types of steroids were prescribed in a patient. i once saw a patient with scabies and sebbhoric dermatitis being prescribed Betnovate (betamethasone) 1:4 and Eumovate (clobethasone 0.05%). i am not really sure if the steroids are being prescribed for these problems but i guess they were not for the scabies since benzyl benzoate was given as well. thanks.

Originally posted by ykw
    can i know the reason of why 2 different types of steroids were prescribed in a patient. i once saw a patient with scabies and sebbhoric dermatitis being prescribed Betnovate (betamethasone) 1:4 and Eumovate (clobethasone 0.05%). i am not really sure if the steroids are being prescribed for these problems but i guess they were not for the scabies since benzyl benzoate was given as well. thanks.
    I thought that betnovate was generally considered to be stronger then eumovate, so I'm not sure on this one. Was the patient meant to get the condition under control with the betnovate, then "drop down" to eumovate?
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

mm... but both drugs were given concurrently. thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ykw
        mm... but both drugs were given concurrently. thanks for the reply.
        I just looked at the post again and noticed you said diluted betnovate. Maybe they were using that on larger areas, and on the worst bits the eumovate?
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Working...
        X