Clopidogrel and warfarin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clopidogrel and warfarin

Does anybody know in what circumstances this combo would be prescribed?

I can't see any mention in BNF or NICE guidance.

If anybody knows of a good reference I would be v grateful if they could share it with me.

Is this a hypothetical question or in real life.?
    Clop often prescribed along with aspirin.
    Please give us exact details of the circumstances.
    johnep

Comment

Real life. Looking at the patients pmr they have been on both for a few months now. I don't have it in front of me at the moment to double check time.

Comment

Thanks, myself would just ensure Dr is aware. Very often meds are changed but old med stays on rpt list in error.
        Good vigilance on your part. If a locum, better check with regular pharmacist first. Perhaps an MUR wiyh this pt.
        I always remember the pt on mephalan who was on repeat. As a DD , not picked up ny a pharmacist.

johnep

Comment

Thank for your reply.

As you say there is lots of info on aspirin and clopidogrel but not warfarin on clopidogrel.

I will speak to GP next week and see if they can give me some more info.

Thanks again.

Comment

In case this might help for future reference, I find this infographic from BMJ very useful.
            At the bottom right there's a scenario where aspirin and warfarin could be prescribed.

I've only seen it once in real life and it was recommended by the cardiologist, so if I ever come across the combination would definitely query is not been a mistake

https://www.bmj.com/content/bmj/supp...ac_v14_web.pdf
            Click image for larger version

Name:	infographic.PNG
Views:	101
Size:	300.5 KB
ID:	241977

Comment

Working...
            X