Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steroid

Click image for larger version

Name:	Steroids comparison , glucocorticoids american association of anesthesiologist.png
Views:	1125
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	237261

If a patient is on prednisolone 5 mg daily and for whatever reason we want to switch to hydrocortisone ,what would be the dose ?
    I asked because given that hydrocortisone is short acting so I wonder if the equivalent dose is 20 mg OD , BID or TID

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/treatment-su...d-therapy.html

I think the dose frequency will depend on the indication and then I would follow the literature, but HC is probably not an ideal replacement.

Comment

I couldn't gain muscle mass for a long time. The doctor told me that this is hereditary. But I stubbornly stood my ground. I started going to the gym three times a week.
      Last edited by admin; 1, March 2019, 06:38 AM. Reason: Spam link removed, banned

Comment

No more posts with links to sites selling steroids please...
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

I did warn you - link removed and spammer banned
          Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Hello everyone. I would recommend everyone to not take steroids, because they are actually very dangerous, and have a lot of side effects.
            Last edited by adamwalker; 24, January 2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I am keeping an eye on this one. Will investigate.
              johnep

Comment

• admin
                admin commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ve removed the link in the post

Ah!, just beat me to it. Reference was to a SARS comparison site. All these products are unlicensed untested for safety substances. they are sold as chemicals. I suspect most made in China and sold through US and Swiss companies.
              Problem is that the original Poisons rules were introduced to control Arsenic and Strychnine. This means that acts refer to named substances and it takes time for authorities to catch up. EG When penicillin was introduced it was classed as a poison as no regulations existed for antibiotics.
              The legislation needs extensive reform.
              johnep

Comment

Working...
              X