Cognitive Epidemiology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cognitive Epidemiology

Cognitive epidemiology is a field of science which examines the link between your level of intelligence and health with interest specifically in morbidity.

basically, the lower your intelligence the higher your risk of developing cardiovascular disease and earlier death!

for people in pharmacy this is easily observed but for the general population who mix in one often their own social class they maybe surprised to hear this.

Do you agree with this assumption?

Would be interesting to know how they define or access intelligence. Most of us have a narrow idea of what constitutes ‘intelligence’, confusing it with things like ability in mathematics and language.

Comment

As far as I know they use their own cognitive reasoning test.

Comment

In my humble but often reputable opinion, cognitive epidemiology in health can be clearly observed in lottery winners who despite new found wealth, they often lead poor lifestyles of excessive drinking and smoking often associated with low educational attainment and thus suffer from comorbidities that normally do not exist in someone of the same wealth who ammassed it through intelligence and success rather than luck.

Discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Primrose View Post
          In my humble but often reputable opinion, cognitive epidemiology in health can be clearly observed in lottery winners who despite new found wealth, they often lead poor lifestyles of excessive drinking and smoking often associated with low educational attainment and thus suffer from comorbidities that normally do not exist in someone of the same wealth who ammassed it through intelligence and success rather than luck.

Discuss.
          True only in some cases, there is iirc a claim that this occurs in about 1/3 of winners. It is very difficult to research the outcome of lottery wins in any statistically meaningful way because the majority of winners preserve their anonymity. Also the MSM thrive on depressing news so only the disasters are brought to light.

Comment

Working...
          X