X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear/Colourless Methadone / Metharose / Methadose Formulation

Hi all,
    After some advice,

Can somebody tell me the price (with pack size) for a clear (colourless) solution of Methadone? Or where I can find out from?

I have a feeling it's mighty expensive and I'm currently considering the benefit vs cost implications. This is for a patient who has a Tartrazine allergy - I'm aware Physeptone tablets are available so may consider this an option. But need to find out the price of clear Methadone first.

Originally posted by momo1103 View Post
    Hi all,
    After some advice,

Can somebody tell me the price (with pack size) for a clear (colourless) solution of Methadone? Or where I can find out from?

I have a feeling it's mighty expensive and I'm currently considering the benefit vs cost implications. This is for a patient who has a Tartrazine allergy - I'm aware Physeptone tablets are available so may consider this an option. But need to find out the price of clear Methadone first.

for one of my clients I used to make my own from the powder. Doubt this would be allowed now. Ridiculous that we cannot be trusted to make any simple stuff. As you say from a specials manufacturer it is going to be horrendously expensive.

Comment

I used to make from powder supplied by Sigma. Very easy to do and just leave out colour.
      johnep

Comment

The "I'm allergic to the colouring" excuse

Comment

Originally posted by Racer2 View Post
          The "I'm allergic to the colouring" excuse
          That’s what I thought, but this person has been tested and they do actually have an allergy.

If only we were allowed to make it nowadays!

Comment

Is that so? No extemp dispensing at all? Get an estimate from a specials lab.
            johnep

Comment

Back in the day, I had one comedian ask if he could have the powder as he didn’t like taking the liquid

Comment

In Lancashire guidance says can only dispense colour free or sugar free if specifically says so on script. Therefore should be available.
                johnep

Comment

Working...
                X