Which antibiotic for which infection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which antibiotic for which infection?

Anyone got any references or tables or list of antibiotics to say what bacteria each is effective against?

i.e. GR+ve, GR-ve, Strep, Staph etc

Nice one!

Re: Which antibiotic for which infection?

Not an exhaustive list but

http://www.dragpharma.cl/pdfs/antibiotic-talbles.pdf

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...snroses2-1.jpg

”We are real. We are not glam sh*t or anything else. We are Guns N’ Roses.”

Comment

Thats a table for infections in horses..

The chapter in the BNF is pretty good to be honest, or any decent pharmacology text book or for a very simplified table look in the oxford handbook of clinical medicine, theres a table there for medics and which organism each antibiotic is effective against.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pharm S View Post
        Anyone got any references or tables or list of antibiotics to say what bacteria each is effective against?

i.e. GR+ve, GR-ve, Strep, Staph etc

Nice one!
        In real life (with local variations in antibiotic resistance) it's determined locally - your PCT should be able to provide the current recommendations for your area - but it might be faster to ask the practice manager at your local surgery.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by mm45 View Post
          Thats a table for infections in horses..
          Whoops ! Did a quick google check and that was one of the first things that came up.... should've looked more closely
          http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...snroses2-1.jpg

”We are real. We are not glam sh*t or anything else. We are Guns N’ Roses.”

Comment

Go to your local hospital and nick their antibiotic guidelines, there are a few on every ward!!!

Being more serious now, if you know any hospital pharmacists, ask them to print you a copy of the guidelines, they're very uselful. My hospital doesnt have an electronic copy otherwise I would have been more than happy to email you.

Comment

waiting for lazy's reply! junior hospital pharmacist lol
              Last edited by Rafael; 22, November 2008, 10:58 PM.
              [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul View Post
                waiting for lazy's reply! junior hospital pharmacit lol

Comment

Hey ppl

I can’t exactly show my hospital’s antibiotic policy, as that would reveal too much about me. But if you call the medicines information department at your local hospital (as cheapshots has said), then they can email or post you a copy.

If not then, I’ve found the following PJ articles really useful:

Antibacterial therapy

Also, have a look at the CPPE package for ‘Antibiotics’…that’s helped me a lot too.

You could also just try googling ‘Antibiotic policy’

Hope that helps

All the best
                  Lazy Lady...
                  [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Nite View Post
                    Hey ppl

I can’t exactly show my hospital’s antibiotic policy, as that would reveal too much about me.
                    you are so funny lazy!
                    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Love you too Raoul.......
                      Lazy Lady...
                      [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

i did not say i love you lazy! i just said you are funny....
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

I say that to ppl online all the time….it means nothing

Are you going to carry on behaving like that until I reveal my true identity?
                          Lazy Lady...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Nite View Post
                            I say that to ppl online all the time….it means nothing

Are you going to carry on behaving like that until I reveal my true identity?
                            i never demanded you to reveal your true identity in public, maybe through pms lol
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                            X