Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Champix dose

I had a 56 champix RX 1mg OD

Patient had been taking BD before and hadn't been told about a dose reduction. BNF etc is BD so is PIL, so i PNC and labelled as BD, and said to contact the smoking cessation advisor asap, patient agreed this would be fine as he thought it might have been a mistake.

Anyone seen it once a day, would you have done the same?

Re: Funny Champix dose

I havent seen once a day but i have seen 0.5mg bd as a maintainace dose cos the higher strength didnt agree with the patient.

Comment

Hope your patient is not severely renally impaired, that's when you go with 1mg od.

Comment

Well id like to think the patient would disclose that sort of information on questioning him, he had had BD before, i probably should have labelled it as directed and got him to check with his cessation advisor, but i labelled it as BD.

Comment

Originally posted by geordie1 View Post
          Well id like to think the patient would disclose that sort of information on questioning him, .
          yeah right! if i had a pound for every time someone who said 'no' to the any other medical conditions question - and then you look on the pmr to find a whole host of things wrong with them - i'd have a small fortune!
          “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
          X