Someone double check these please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone double check these please

A few weeks back I asked for some practice scripts but I wasn't given any. But another student has sent me some and I have been going over them. So can someone check these and see if I have made any mistakes please. This is for uni practice where we have to fill in a sheet.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Script1
    28 Digoxin tabs, 125mcg, 1qds as a maintenance dose. Female Patient is 30 years old.

I would ask the patient if they were pregnant or if they suffer from thyroid disease.

I would contact the prescriber as maintenance dose is too high, it should be 125mcg daily. So one to be taken daily and not qds.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Script 2
    Amitriptyline 25mg tablets, 28 2 ON. Patinent is 10 year old girl.

I would ask the patient if they have any history of epilepsy and if they suffer from thyroid disease.

I would contact the prescriber as if this has been prescriber for depression, it's not recommended. If prescriber for nocturnal enuresis then dose needs to be reduced to 10-20mg.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    script 3
    28 Atenolol 50mg, 1 QID

patient is 30yr old female.
    Dose is too high as its not to be taken 4 times daily and one to be taken daily instead.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone please check any of these for me and post some feedback. thanks.
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Re: Someone double check these please

Your responses appear excellent to me...they all seem to be issues about incorrect dose though...got any others?
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

that gives me an a lot of confidence, thanks for that

well I got sent a pile, but no, there are some interaction ones except I can't find them.
      3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

For script 3 you could also check whether patient is asthmatic as well as if she is pregnant...although judging by the time elapsed since the last post, you may have thought of this already.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...snroses2-1.jpg

”We are real. We are not glam sh*t or anything else. We are Guns N’ Roses.”

Comment

Working...
        X