Skin Growing Retardant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin Growing Retardant

I was approached by a patient today who had been told by an emergency doctor to buy a 'skin growing retardant'. She was told she could get one OTC from her local pharmacy. She is a cancer patient with a skin nodule growing in her nose.

I have never heard of an OTC product of this kind and I am unable to track down the doctor who referred her. Any ideas??

Re: Skin Growing Retardant

efudix 5FU cream is standard but only available on script. anti psoriatics should work in theory. Otherwise keratolytics such as salicylic acid. all highly dangerous in wrong hands.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by pharmacymatt View Post
      I was approached by a patient today who had been told by an emergency doctor to buy a 'skin growing retardant'. She was told she could get one OTC from her local pharmacy. She is a cancer patient with a skin nodule growing in her nose.

I have never heard of an OTC product of this kind and I am unable to track down the doctor who referred her. Any ideas??
      Caustic pencil?
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Back home, sausage tree (Kigelia africana) extract is widely sold as a herbal remedy, which seems to be very effective in treating some skin cancers. One man told me it cleared his melanomas in a couple of months. There was some research published but I can't seem to find it. Don't think it would be available in the UK.

Suasage tree has uses in traditional medicine and is said to be good for impotence... but is quite toxic.
        Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
        (T. Pratchett)

Comment

Working...
        X