Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegetarians and FeSO4 Tabs

Hi all!

Had a request today that I'm struggling with. I've got a (pushy!) customer who wants a brand of iron tablets that's suitable for vegetarians. BTW it's got to be something reasonably readily available for us mortals to order so no fancy, expensive internet only brands please! If any of you know of a generic 200mg tablet then that's even better - Alpharma doesn't fit the bill as it contains gelatin.

Cheers in advance.

Re: Vegetarians and FeSO4 Tabs

How about the ferro gradumet range, not sure re gelatin but could check with manfs. Unfortunately most iron preps formulated before any one worried re animal derivatives. Also, how about sytron liquid.
    johnep

Comment

vegetarians are getting a bit of a pain if they dont want anything derived form animals in the tablets then dont take any tablets at all to be on the safe side- its that simple most of us dont have the time to pander to these people
      it seems daft to me that they are prepared to take medicines which have probably been tested on animals hundreds of times but turn their nose up at a bit of gelatin??
      SMITHY

Comment

Originally posted by Smithy View Post
        vegetarians are getting a bit of a pain if they dont want anything derived form animals in the tablets then dont take any tablets at all to be on the safe side- its that simple most of us dont have the time to pander to these people
        it seems daft to me that they are prepared to take medicines which have probably been tested on animals hundreds of times but turn their nose up at a bit of gelatin??
        I think there is a suitable ferr sulph - can't remember what it is though. Will ask at branch who keeps them - I think I'm there on saturday.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Just phone the NPA info dept, quoting either the shop's membership number or postcode. The pharmacy has already paid upfront for this, so you might as well, and it's quicker than phoning up every generic house!

Comment

Working...
          X