Diltiazem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diltiazem

Will somebody give me a clue where to find some reliable source on taking diltiazem MR 60mg caps only 1 daily? I can’t see any sense of it, but maybe I’m wrong. Get scripts as a once a day dosage and it’s not initiating treatment.

Re: Diltiazem

A lot of the confusion is down to Adizem where have SR twice a day and XL which is once a day. We have received scripts for the bd version to be given once and the od to be given twice.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      A lot of the confusion is down to Adizem where have SR twice a day and XL which is once a day. We have received scripts for the bd version to be given once and the od to be given twice.
      johnep
      Watch out for this on EPS, especially for generic scripts for Tramadol. The DM+D does advise that the products should be prescribed by brand, but the DM+D does not distinguish between 12 and 24 hr release.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Oh dear, had not noticed this. We have Zydol tabs and Zamadol caps, so which is 12 hour and which is 24hr. Yes. I know I can check on Monday but am burning with curiosity.
        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
          Oh dear, had not noticed this. We have Zydol tabs and Zamadol caps, so which is 12 hour and which is 24hr. Yes. I know I can check on Monday but am burning with curiosity.
          johnep
          Generally if they are SR in the brand name it is a 12 hour, if XL it is a 24 hour.
          However the generic names are all m/r.
          Source of information below online BNF. Please check BNF yourself before using this information.

12 Hour
          Dromadol SR
          Larapam SR
          Mabron (No SR in name)
          Zamadol SR
          Zydol SR

24 Hour
          Tradorec XL
          Zamadol 24Hr (good naming policy there)
          Zydol XL
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Not seen any of the tramadol 24hr products as yet. Thanks for the general rule re sr and xl. Hope the manufacturers are consistent. Perhaps pts safety council could be alerted.
            johnep

Comment

What really bugs me is when the Drs computer states 8hr, 12hr, 24hr and the doctor ignores it.

e.g. Diltiazem 8hr 1 mane
              Adalat 24 hr 1 bd

I used to want to be a doctor but got scared about having my brain removed!
              Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
              pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
              eloquent-e-tales

Comment

This maybe sounds daft, but I know a couple of people who forget which is 24 hours and which is 12. I remember XL is 24 hours by thinking it works for an eXtra long time - i.e. 24 hours instead of 12.

My head is full of rubbish like this!
                Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

I try to remember that XL is like a T-shirt in XL size which is larger than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
                    I try to remember that XL is like a T-shirt in XL size which is larger than normal.
                    Yeah, but just right for me!

Signed Tubs!
                    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
                    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
                    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
                    X