X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snowy
    replied
    Re: Supermarket pharmacies - your opinion

My friend's uncle works as a pharmacist in a supermarket and loves it. He even received an award for excellent customer service Another friend of mine locums in a supermarket and seems to really enjoy it too.

Leave a comment:

• Petey
    replied

I really used to look down on Supermarket pharmacists when I was doing my training. Thought that it would never be something Id do.

Here I am, 8 years later, having spent the last five years in a supermarket. I love it.

I have time to talk to my customers, I see loads of different groups of people, and have gained the trust and respect of a much broader range of the community than I ever used to in a traditional high street chemist.

I totally agree about the pre-reg tutor thing though. I had a diabolical tutor on paper, but luckily was mentored by two fantastic pharmacists who helped to shape and mould me into the pharmacist I am today.

Id say try it, you never know - you might like it!

Leave a comment:

• Linnear
    replied

pre-reg mostly comes down to the tutor.

If you have a good tutor, mine was very knowledgeable, then you should be fine.

My pre-reg was with Lloyds (while still owned by Mr Lloyd) and I managed 12 months with them after qualifying. At the time, another 6 months would have given me a long service award!

So get your MRPharmS (or whatever it is in 12 months) and then get out if you don't like it. (Is my view)

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• cathicathy
    started a topic Supermarket pharmacies - your opinion

Supermarket pharmacies - your opinion

I am curious of what everyone think of supermarket pharmacies, good and bad points.

I just accepted a pre-reg offer from one of the supermarkets, am a bit confused of whether I made the right decision or not.
Working...
X