Supermarket pharmacies - your opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermarket pharmacies - your opinion

I am curious of what everyone think of supermarket pharmacies, good and bad points.

I just accepted a pre-reg offer from one of the supermarkets, am a bit confused of whether I made the right decision or not.

Re: Supermarket pharmacies - your opinion

pre-reg mostly comes down to the tutor.

If you have a good tutor, mine was very knowledgeable, then you should be fine.

My pre-reg was with Lloyds (while still owned by Mr Lloyd) and I managed 12 months with them after qualifying. At the time, another 6 months would have given me a long service award!

So get your MRPharmS (or whatever it is in 12 months) and then get out if you don't like it. (Is my view)

Good luck
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

I really used to look down on Supermarket pharmacists when I was doing my training. Thought that it would never be something Id do.

Here I am, 8 years later, having spent the last five years in a supermarket. I love it.

I have time to talk to my customers, I see loads of different groups of people, and have gained the trust and respect of a much broader range of the community than I ever used to in a traditional high street chemist.

I totally agree about the pre-reg tutor thing though. I had a diabolical tutor on paper, but luckily was mentored by two fantastic pharmacists who helped to shape and mould me into the pharmacist I am today.

Id say try it, you never know - you might like it!

Comment

My friend's uncle works as a pharmacist in a supermarket and loves it. He even received an award for excellent customer service Another friend of mine locums in a supermarket and seems to really enjoy it too.

Comment

Working...
        X