"Fee only" endorsing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fee only" endorsing???

In the first Pharmacy I worked in when I first moved to the UK, the pharmacist-owner used to endorse "unwanted" and therefore not dispensed items as "fee only", indicating to the PPS that he wished to be paid the dispensing fee for doing the donkey-work on a script, but was not seeking reimbursement for the value of the drug dispensed as it had not been supplied, for instance if the patient died before he could collect his script (how inconsiderate!), or if an owed item wasn't collected after 3 months; Does anyone know whether this still applies?
    What do you do with a script for gluten-free stuff that's been sitting on the shelf waiting to be collected by the patient, but that has since gone out-of-date and mouldy? technically you haven't dispensed it, so you shouldn't claim for it; but you've had to order it in from the wholesaler's, and now it's only fit for the bin...
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Re: "Fee only" endorsing???

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
    In the first Pharmacy I worked in when I first moved to the UK, the pharmacist-owner used to endorse "unwanted" and therefore not dispensed items as "fee only", indicating to the PPS that he wished to be paid the dispensing fee for doing the donkey-work on a script, but was not seeking reimbursement for the value of the drug dispensed as it had not been supplied, for instance if the patient died before he could collect his script (how inconsiderate!), or if an owed item wasn't collected after 3 months; Does anyone know whether this still applies?
    What do you do with a script for gluten-free stuff that's been sitting on the shelf waiting to be collected by the patient, but that has since gone out-of-date and mouldy? technically you haven't dispensed it, so you shouldn't claim for it; but you've had to order it in from the wholesaler's, and now it's only fit for the bin...
    There's no such thing as "Fees Only" dispensing as far as I know, apart from dispensing something that has already been claimed broken bulk.
    Following on from your GF food, what happens if it is a delivery and when you get there the patient says that they don't want it? There's a lot of what ifs - we have done the work by this point in the transaction - should we not be paid? Under the new EPS rules it doesn't look like we will be.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Same thing happens when we prepare a month's trays and not told the pt has gone into hospital/died.
      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
        Same thing happens when we prepare a month's trays and not told the pt has gone into hospital/died.
        johnep

The NHS would call this "tough love" and say that we are paid for all the owings that are never collected.
        Most of the system of payment dates back to 194X when the NHS was born. Must be why we are still paid in ha'pennies for our services.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
        X