Returned Drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returned Drugs

Today, a man brought his dads medicines in after the old man had sadly died. There was the usual sack full of unopened drugs that all went in the bin.

The thing that really annoyed me wasn't the waste of NHS money, but the used colostomy bag that had been left in the bottom of the sack!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Re: Returned Drugs

I hate this sort of wastage but if I end up on lots of meds when I go I'll leave sackfuls because I'm buggered if my life is going to depend on our bloody awful pharmacy supply chain.

Six months in hand me!
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Yeah, it is really a big problem.

One day a patient returned for me a bag full of Gonal-F ampoules. They were about 80 ampoules. I was not able to throw them and in the same time, I cannot give them to another patients.

I actaually keep them for those who are not allowed to take this medication due to certain administrative rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Fattoo View Post
        I actaually keep them for those who are not allowed to take this medication due to certain administrative rules.

Please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
          but the used colostomy bag that had been left in the bottom of the sack!

I found a colostomy bag in a pub once. It was full of cider

Comment

In my country, everyone should pay for medical insurance to be treated in governmental hospitals. However, some do not have medical insurance and cannot get certain medications. I mean those people. Some are poor.

Comment

Working...
            X