Help anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help anyone

I am a second year pharmacy student at the university of bradford ,currently doing the sandwich course.Can anyone help me or give me any information regarding where I can get any experience paid or non paid in the community sector.I have tried applying to all the big chains but have been very unlucky .I need some experience soon coz I am hoping to start the first phase of my pre registration next year.

Put on your best sunday clothes, pay attention to your appearance, and go and visit an independent pharmacy rather than one of a large company; in an independent's, you'll be more likely to get to see/speak to the person who makes the decision on staff matters. The branch mananger in a branch of Boots, Moss/Alliance, Lloyds etc... won't usually have the authority to take you on without asking Head Office, and that's where things snag and it can take ages to get a reply...
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Presentation

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
      Put on your best sunday clothes, pay attention to your appearance, and go and visit an independent pharmacy rather than one of a large company; in an independent's, you'll be more likely to get to see/speak to the person who makes the decision on staff matters. The branch mananger in a branch of Boots, Moss/Alliance, Lloyds etc... won't usually have the authority to take you on without asking Head Office, and that's where things snag and it can take ages to get a reply...
      Also don't miss 't' out of words like parace'amol. (ace'ominophen for US visitors)

Pharmacists hate that.
      Well I do - its the equivalent of finger nails down a blackboard for me.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

contact the NPA. they have a system that is being trialed to link pre-regs with employers.
        They will need your CV, and although you are not qulified yet. I dont see why the system should not work for you as well

Comment

Originally posted by yeukie View Post
          I am a second year pharmacy student at the university of bradford ,currently doing the sandwich course.Can anyone help me or give me any information regarding where I can get any experience paid or non paid in the community sector.I have tried applying to all the big chains but have been very unlucky .I need some experience soon coz I am hoping to start the first phase of my pre registration next year.
          If you still haven't got anything offer to work unpaid. It may annoy you, but the more experience you get the more £££ you'll get later on.

And yes, look good, buy a new suit, wash behing your ears, cut your hair.

Comment

Working...
          X