Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds and Mur's

Hi

I worked at Lloyds today, and they are offering people a free copy of Dr Miriam Stoppards family health book (or similiar) to everyone who agrees to do a MUR with them. Is that taking it a bit too far, or just good business?
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

It's a bl***y nightmare!
    As if we weren't put under enough pressure from above to do those wretched MURs, now the punters are begging for 'em too, they all want a free book!
    And to top it all, they've all seen the ad on the telly, and they all want the free diabetes test...
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

I must say I find it incredibly amusing reading all these rants. I imagine all of you are decent, regular, polite (ok maybe not all of you from what I've read hehe) pharmacists in the real world, so it's quite funny seeing/reading about your lives within another setting. It's nice to be able to see what a real pharmacist's life is like. Very insightful and for that I thank you all

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
        And to top it all, they've all seen the ad on the telly, and they all want the free diabetes test...

I saw it on last night and found myself laughing out loud

Comment

Re: Lloyds and Mur's

Originally posted by admin View Post
          Hi

I worked at Lloyds today, and they are offering people a free copy of Dr Miriam Stoppards family health book (or similiar) to everyone who agrees to do a MUR with them. Is that taking it a bit too far, or just good business?
          ... they're offering free medinces box now... Well, I still got loads of boxes / Dr. Miriam books / Diet book / Cholesterol book left in the stock room no doubt still covering with dust I just find it hard to 'recruit' people and never seem to reach my 'target'
          Onion Bunny

Comment

i've been told i now need 15 a week to reach my target for the year. Considering i rarely do more than 2500 items a month (most of which are transient) i haven't got a cat in hell's chance - unless i start setting up beartraps outside the dispensary...
            “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

I must say I find it incredibly amusing reading all these rants. I imagine all of you are decent, regular, polite (ok maybe not all of you from what I've read hehe) pharmacists in the real world
              I've heard enough stories from pharmacy staff about situations when a patient asked to speak to the pharmacist, the reply from the pharmacist was along the line of " tell them to f£$% off".

I myself quite enjoy talking to patients, especially in busy pharmacies, thats the only chance you get to get out of the dispensary,
              We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Working...
              X