Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed, first time buyer community pharmacy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help needed, first time buyer community pharmacy

    if anyone can help with the purchase of a pharmacy, im a pharmacist first time buyer who would like to discuss it?

    THANK YOU
    Last edited by ZAA91; 28, June 2020, 12:13 PM.

  • #2
    There are consultants on this forum who can help....for a fee.
    johnep

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey guys, looking for someone able to acquire codeine Linctus in bulk.
      thanks.

      Comment


      • admin
        admin commented
        Editing a comment
        The answer to that would be to order the quantities you need for your pharmacy from the wholesalers?

    • #4
      Or, perhaps someone wanting to get rich quick!
      Poster could explain why he wants large volumes of a known addictive.
      johnep

      Comment


      • #5
        Originally posted by johnep View Post
        Or, perhaps someone wanting to get rich quick!
        Poster could explain why he wants large volumes of a known addictive.
        johnep
        Why do pharmacists wet themselves (and worse?) when asked for a bottle of Codeine Linctus?

        It is quite legal to sell and recommend it and it is only significant over supply that leads to problems with the GPhC.

        The only cases that I ever saw brought before the Statutory Committee involved sales in volumes more often seen in filling stations (perhaps only slight exaggeration ) than in pharmacies.

        It's about the best otc cough suppressant available.

        Comment


        • #6
          I'm well out of date, of course, but one issue with Codeine Linctus used to be addicts going from pharmacy to pharmacy buying the stuff.

          Comment


          • #7
            Yes, I remember the popular codeine and morphine remedies of my younger years. Codeine and creosote was my favourite. At one time the shoe was giving triple discount on three 4oz bottles of chlorodyne (tinct Chlorof and morph). Phensedyl was a great cough mixture..
            When the govnmt stopped mixtures on the NHS,a member of parliament made a plea for Mist ammon Chlor et Morph.
            Dexedrine was a popular appetite suppressant, Drinamyl for migraine and headaches,Methedrine (Crystal Meth) used in inhalers to clear a blocked nose as a competitor for Benzadrex inhalers. When working in all night pharmacy in Aldgate, a chap bought an inhaler, stamped on it then tore of one of the strips inside and swallowed.
            johnep

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by Merlyn View Post
              I'm well out of date, of course, but one issue with Codeine Linctus used to be addicts going from pharmacy to pharmacy buying the stuff.
              You can (or could) always refuse sales.

              Easier said than done, possibly, especially when you had the type of "senior assistant" who would complain that you were "upsetting customers".

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by johnep View Post
                Yes, I remember the popular codeine and morphine remedies of my younger years. Codeine and creosote was my favourite. At one time the shoe was giving triple discount on three 4oz bottles of chlorodyne (tinct Chlorof and morph). Phensedyl was a great cough mixture..
                When the govnmt stopped mixtures on the NHS,a member of parliament made a plea for Mist ammon Chlor et Morph.
                Dexedrine was a popular appetite suppressant, Drinamyl for migraine and headaches,Methedrine (Crystal Meth) used in inhalers to clear a blocked nose as a competitor for Benzadrex inhalers. When working in all night pharmacy in Aldgate, a chap bought an inhaler, stamped on it then tore of one of the strips inside and swallowed.
                johnep
                This quite brings back my youth.

                Later on (70's/80's) we had Benylin and Codeine. One pharmacy where I worked had their own formula for this: Benylin 250ml, Linctus Codeine 250ml, Tinct Chlorof et Morph a generous q.s

                They came back for it time and time again.

                Comment

                Working...
                X