Lists of LASA names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lists of LASA names

Is looking at a list of Look Alike/Sound Alike (LASA) names a risk in itself?
    It could create a thought pathway in the mind of the reader that does not exist already between the two names.
    Anyone done any research on this?

We also had some packaging last week with the strength printed on on a very light yellow colour.
    Very difficult to read it was.
    It wouldn't have been so bad if it had a black outline with a yellow infill.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Quinidine and quinine.
    johnep

Comment

Quinine Suplhate and Qunine Bisulphate. Think it's a 1:1.5 ratio if memory serves in dosage equivalencies.

The most dangerous of all time was always methotrexate 2.5mg and methotrexate 10mg. Looked the same and because the 10's were so unusual it was a really easy one to miss. Not a drug you want to overdose on.
      I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

Comment

If you look at the sort order of medication on computer picking lists - it tends not to be based on the numeric strength but the ASCII sort order.
        Something more could be done with that.

For methotrexate improved safeguards were introduced.

One of the big problems is that you have to turn the packaging round to hunt for all the necessary information to check you have picked the right pack.
        I remember one pack of Paracetamol 120mg/5ml Suspension only said colour-free and what the flavour was on the information leaflet inside the box.
        Ideally this should all be on one panel on the front face.
        And not in pale yellow print on a white background!
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
          One of the big problems is that you have to turn the packaging round to hunt for all the necessary information to check you have picked the right pack.
          I remember one pack of Paracetamol 120mg/5ml Suspension only said colour-free and what the flavour was on the information leaflet inside the box.
          Ideally this should all be on one panel on the front face.
          And not in pale yellow print on a white background!
          The ideal would be a plain box, the size of a standard label, on the front of the package and directly below the name which would be in a standard format and font in black on a white background. Underneath the box would be the expiry date, again in black ink not embossed and practically invisible, and any important safety information.

Until regulators only license packaging that is clear and safe nothing will change. It is all about the manufacturers logos.

Comment

Working...
          X