Emollients on Facebook Marketplace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emollients on Facebook Marketplace

Here's one for the MPharm Students and pre-reg pharmacists to discuss!

Noticed a few adverts for emollients on this part of facebook.
    They are for multiple packs so I suppose that rules out 'accidental purchases'.
    The thought occurred to me that they might be unwanted prescribed items.

When we used to have minor ailments we used to write NHS across the barcode using an indelible pen.
    Should we make this policy on any non-POM that we issue on prescription?

Or are we really bothered as the stuff would just be returned to the pharmacy and end up in the DOOP bin anyway?
    .... but if everyone went to get a supply to sell on it could be the thin end of the wedge.

47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Well, mine are no longer supplied by NHS. So I have to buy and pay only 99p for a choice of Olive Oil, Coconut or Vitamin E creams from local Savers store. These are a bit thin, so I add tsp of Xanthan gums to each pot of 500 grm to thicken.
    johnep

Comment

Unintended consequence.
      Being able to buy surplus emollients instead of dooping them is relieving pressure on the NHS, so something good coming out of something bad?
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Not much fun being a rep in that field. There was a very nice lady who worked for Dermal when I was a rep.
        johnep

Comment

Another unintended consequence : we might see patients solving the medicines shortages themselves, via facebook or other social media!
          Swap some quinine for naproxen anyone?
          How times change.

Comment

Working...
          X