Unwilling, uncooperative staff in a 'race to the bottom'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcitr View Post

I have no idea what your local pharmacy does and not meaning to tell people how it is where they are.

However it is interesting you say 3000 as that is the number at one of the other stores that I am referring to as 'few'. That is few to me. Whatever I think this is the territory of figures that the chains are eyeing up to close, based on other factors. As the one you are talking about is the only one in town I am guessing it'll survive and long may it continue. There is a rumour around one of the big chains that around 5500 is a number below which possible closure could be a consequence.

I agree with mutleys comments too. Although I don't think the PDA are an effective union it is better than none and others are available. The flaw with the PDA is that it's pharmacists only. Employment law deals primarily with policies in the company, in actual fact a pharmacist has far more in common with others in their chain than they do with other pharmacists in other chains. Big flaw in a union.
    As I said, I've no idea of the figures; I was simply working on the figures I worked on when I was practising..... around 6rx pa per patient, and allowing more for elderly. However, that was some ten years ago!

Agree with you about commonality of interest between employees in a company.

Comment

You can find out how many items any pharmacy dispensed on this link

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/prescripti...ntractors-data

an inability to adapt or develop behaviour requires performance management. You’ve done oodles, unresponsive therefore the resort is the disciplinary process. Tortuous arduous and time consuming with likely counter grievance invoked against you. Besides the manager should take the lead but is part of the problem.

As has been suggested move on, though there are far fewer good gigs though from my experience independents provide a better quality of life.

Ive given up community pharmacy work last Locum 18/12/2018 CP is one absolute mess on the whole fragmented agendas no unified voice and thus easily exploited by all and sundry

Comment

Hello Alice. Remember that counter assistant who thought Pharmacists just ticked boxes? There must have been a day when she thought they were lazy and overpaid? You know her well. How would you have changed her mind? That is your answer. Only you know.

Comment

Originally posted by viru219 View Post
          Hello Alice. Remember that counter assistant who thought Pharmacists just ticked boxes? There must have been a day when she thought they were lazy and overpaid? You know her well. How would you have changed her mind? That is your answer. Only you know.
          It probably helps, but isn't the whole story.

I remember my first manager in pharmacy patronisingly telling me that they understood how I felt because they had been a counter assistant in a relative's pharmacy at 16 for a little while. I appreciate the sentiments, but misguided. Unfortunately I don't think that'd work on most people as being in a pharmacy on minimum wage for the rest of your life having already also done the qualifications with nowhere to go is totally different I would say. Also this talk is used as an excuse to talk about things pharmacists don't want to, in my case it was a justification as to why my manager had been withholding my counter assistant training and didn't want to put me on dispenser training.

Comment

Working...
          X