Lost Sales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Sales

Is a customer who leaves disgruntled that you don't provide 'such and such' as a free service a lost sale or service opportunity?
    (By free - provided at no cost to the patient and at no charge to the NHS or other provider/sponsor).
    You could argue that it has allowed you the time to spend on something that is income generating.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Free MDS and deliveries were originally introduced to increase scripts. However, once everyone does it, then becomes expected and no real benefit in increased trade. The government then assumes that chemists making too much profit to pay for "free" services and reduces payments plus encouraging pts to visit pharmacies for free advice etc.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      Free MDS and deliveries were originally introduced to increase scripts. However, once everyone does it, then becomes expected and no real benefit in increased trade. The government then assumes that chemists making too much profit to pay for "free" services and reduces payments plus encouraging pts to visit pharmacies for free advice etc.
      johnep
      Did anyone do any figures on the net actual income from providing MDS or free delivery?
      Feeling here that there might have been a quid or two when everything was straightforward.
      Now - no script is straightforward it seems. (If you do a straightforward script it begs a double check to make sure you haven't missed anything!)

MDS always has last minute changes and a lot of deliveries are unsuccessful.
      Or they are the 'wrong items' which means more chasing around getting the right ones for a very angry and threatening patient.
      I suppose 'we are at work' and this time is treated 'as business as usual' by the ones doing the work.
      It doesn't seem to be thought of by the ones who go looking for more services for us to deliver and time factored in for sorting out the mess.

Plus there are the unintended consequences of the free services; such as another cause for customer complaint if they don't see us dropping everything to deliver the free service.

How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

When in med repping, Drs in hospital would often say, nurses do not need any time saving ideas from you. They are on the wards anyway. Attitude to pharmacy the same, because charge not made, you can do more and more for free.
        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
          When in med repping, Drs in hospital would often say, nurses do not need any time saving ideas from you. They are on the wards anyway. Attitude to pharmacy the same, because charge not made, you can do more and more for free.
          johnep
          The only alternative to meet demand at the moment...
          Come in earlier, work through with just enough break to be legal and go home later.
          How times change.

Comment

It's not a lost sale. Pharmacies do need to be more focussed on profit making activites, but more than that ones that aren't a total waste of time in the grander scheme of things.

MDS - £2 loss per lot made up (with some quite interesting variation). Don't deliver. PCS lose around £2.50 per script.

Comment

But will continue while the multiples continue to chase scripts. Employees not very concerned about profit.
              When a Marketing Manager, I was briefed to look for profits. Sometimes difficult when salesmen wanted to sell at Ford prices and Production wanted to make Rolls Royces. I discovered we were selling to the Shoe at cost price because our perfume division wanted to sell their items for the Nbr 7 range. Similarly with Avon and Unilever.
              johnep

Comment

I'm very concerned about profits because ultimately it's galloping towards closure. My regional manager is concerned about profits. How we get there is completely different viewpoints. It's up to the manager to implement to regional manager's views and that's where this silly business of loss making activities continuing with gusto continues.

Some other employees not give a monkeys about profits as they are treated bad by the multiple or feel that we have to do a MCS/PCS/whatever as we've always done it that way. I do tend to find that if we've done something for a long time that people will wax lyrical about how we have to 'offer' a 'professional service' but when asked it just happens that that is completely for free. If it's something new (there's a service that runs at a fair old profit) then it's I can't be arsed, it's too complicated, that's your 'area' etc.

Comment

Turnover for vanity. Profit for sanity.
                  That is a motto that has stood me in good stead the many times I looked at lost turnover. Never chase turnover. Always look for ways to increase profit. That is the wise use of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by hibernia View Post
                    That is a motto that has stood me in good stead the many times I looked at lost turnover. Never chase turnover. Always look for ways to increase profit. That is the wise use of your time.
                    Do whatever you can to keep every script?
                    It would help if some AM's understood the DT.
                    You cannot just claim out of pocket expenses and broken bulk on absolutely everything.

How times change.

Comment

Originally posted by hibernia View Post
                      Yeah definitely. Absolutely! Having said that it also depends on the demographics of the business. I worked in an indie in a small town and people spent so much money OTC on a variety of cosmetics, pain killers, perfumes and other living aids. Had never seen anything like it. The owner said to me, ‘it’s a bit like selling anything, as long as you don’t take the mick people will always come back for more’.

And they certainly do come back for more at this pharmacy. Wish I owned it.

Comment

Working...
                      X