New superintendent at dispensing doctors with pharmacy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New superintendent at dispensing doctors with pharmacy

Hi, bit of a two parter here. I have just taken a position as superintendent pharmacist at a dispensing doctors, which also has a pharmacy. Firstly, does anyone have any info or a link to info regarding the roles and responsibilities of a superintendent? I have zero superintendent experience and have some idea of what I'm responsible for, but I am sure there's a thousand more things that I haven't thought of.

Secondly, does anyone have any experience of running a hybrid dispensing doctor and pharmacy situation? My biggest issue is maintaining stock levels when I have two PMR systems and one stock pool and dispensary. I'm hoping swapping from RxWeb will help to some degree, but I don't want to believe there's no solution!

Many thanks for any help

Dan

Is it good practice to take a job where you don’t know what you’re doing? The Pharm Soc gives guidance on the duties and responsibilities of a Superintendent. IIRC there’s a small booklet, which is available to members. Secondly are you a member of the PDA? If not I suggest you contact them PDQ!

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am a member of the PDA, but not RPS. No it's not good practice I guess, but there are so few progression opportunities in community pharmacy, and I do not magically have previous superintendent experience.

Comment

I think I can quite safely say that I know just about everything to do with these hybrid pharmacy/dispensary arrangements, having set so many up and as MD of 3 in the past. Feel free to contact me. You will find my contact details on www.epochealth.com

Comment

Originally posted by DRahemtulla View Post
          Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am a member of the PDA, but not RPS. No it's not good practice I guess, but there are so few progression opportunities in community pharmacy, and I do not magically have previous superintendent experience.
          Point taken about career progression, and I’m sorry if thought read as sharp. However, it would be, I suggest, a good idea to join and get the info from the RPS.

Comment

Working...
          X