Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancer treatment and diet - prereg help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancer treatment and diet - prereg help!

Hi. I need advice on patient education for Sunitinib. The patient has asked for advice on the use of probiotics and whether he would benefit as he has heard that probiotics increase effectiveness of cancer therapies.
    I have done lots of research and cannot find anything specifically for TKI's.
    Am I right to think that probiotics would not specifically increase his responsiveness to the drug, but may help with some of the side effects? And that good diet is just general advice for his condition?
    Thanks in advance

Hi, I think it’s basically to help improve the diarrhoea associated with taking sunitinib and other TKIs, but there’s not much evidence in its favour (or against it).

Comment

Originally posted by OrganOlive View Post
      Hi, I think it’s basically to help improve the diarrhoea associated with taking sunitinib and other TKIs, but there’s not much evidence in its favour (or against it).
      I should have read all the new posts before responding higher up! Why do people post in two different sections?

Comment

Because they think we only look at one thread. I advise just checking New Posts.
        johnep

Comment

Working...
        X