Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCSO/Price Concessions

Hi All,

Can someone please explain to me the situations it is acceptable to endorse NCSO? Currently, Amlodipine 10mg has been left off from this months price concession list. DT price still sat at 0.70p yet cheapest I've seen it is £1.37.

Can I endorse NCSO in this scenario?

Thanks,

A Pharmacist

Originally posted by A Pharmacist View Post
    Hi All,

Can someone please explain to me the situations it is acceptable to endorse NCSO? Currently, Amlodipine 10mg has been left off from this months price concession list. DT price still sat at 0.70p yet cheapest I've seen it is £1.37.

Can I endorse NCSO in this scenario?

Thanks,

A Pharmacist
    You will get paid basic DT Price until there is a concessionary price announcement.
    NCSO is still 'on the books' but it has not been used for a good few years.

Concessionary prices can be announced or added to the list very late in the month.

http://psnc.org.uk/dispensing-supply...ric-shortages/

There is a reporting template on this site.
    Most of the time the internet is full of daft opinions and views that you should not take seriously let bother you at all.
    Note : If this posting contains personal views or opinions every endeavour is made to ensure they stay within social media guidelines.
    If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post

You will get paid basic DT Price until there is a concessionary price announcement.
      NCSO is still 'on the books' but it has not been used for a good few years.

Concessionary prices can be announced or added to the list very late in the month.

http://psnc.org.uk/dispensing-supply...ric-shortages/

There is a reporting template on this site.
      Thanks for the reply Pharmanaut. You say that NCSO is still 'on the books' but not widely used. So, if I follow the NCSO endorsing guidance on PSNC, will I get re-imbursed? We have given out a fair few Amlodipine 10mg this month (as I'm sure many other pharmacies have). If it costs me £1.37 to buy in and DT price is £0.70p, are we just supposed to absorb this loss? Similarly, I desperately needed Felodipine 10mg MR tabs for a dosette box. Cost me £7.45 to buy in (DT price at £5.66 for Plendil - currently OOS). Am I ignorant to something that other managers know?

On a side note, I dislike the lack of unity within our profession. I think if the pharmacy sector united a little bit more, we could ultimately demand changes. Obviously a nationwide strike would be impossible due to infringing our NHS contract and also risking competitors and big multiples soaking up the business while we're all out holding pitch forks outside Westminster

Comment

Yes. You absorb the loss. Just like you do with virtually every branded medicine you dispense.

Comment

Originally posted by A Pharmacist View Post

Thanks for the reply Pharmanaut. You say that NCSO is still 'on the books' but not widely used. So, if I follow the NCSO endorsing guidance on PSNC, will I get re-imbursed? We have given out a fair few Amlodipine 10mg this month (as I'm sure many other pharmacies have). If it costs me £1.37 to buy in and DT price is £0.70p, are we just supposed to absorb this loss? Similarly, I desperately needed Felodipine 10mg MR tabs for a dosette box. Cost me £7.45 to buy in (DT price at £5.66 for Plendil - currently OOS). Am I ignorant to something that other managers know?

On a side note, I dislike the lack of unity within our profession. I think if the pharmacy sector united a little bit more, we could ultimately demand changes. Obviously a nationwide strike would be impossible due to infringing our NHS contract and also risking competitors and big multiples soaking up the business while we're all out holding pitch forks outside Westminster
          Yes - I feel your pain that the market is ridiculous in terms of prices.
          It also plays on the duty to make sure the patient has some medication to keep them going.

Need to get on to the PSNC if generics in DT Part VIIIA are being purchased above DT price.
          That triggers the inquiry into prices and sets up the concessionary prices.
          The title of the section is confusing at it mentions NCSO, but as seen there have been no real NCSO for a number of years.

Don't think the sector will ever be united - someone will break ranks if they see a business advantage to 'land grab' more prescriptions.
          The rank and file are now just employees anyway, and are kept out of the loop when it comes to the financial details of the business.
          Most of the time the internet is full of daft opinions and views that you should not take seriously let bother you at all.
          Note : If this posting contains personal views or opinions every endeavour is made to ensure they stay within social media guidelines.
          If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

News Just in - posted here as it is topical. (ie relevent to the posting, rather than for application to the skin surface)

http://psnc.org.uk/our-news/november...5f102-26292845

Comment

Working...
            X