Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is standard contract hour for a pharmacist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is standard contract hour for a pharmacist?

Hi everyone,

I have just received my Lloyds pre-reg contract today. It says current newly qualified pharmacists get paid 33.5K for a 45 hour contract . I was in shock, even Boots contract is only 40 hour ( I think so) for 34K. Is Lloyds contract similar to other company? Also, what is it like working for Lloyds, especially compared to Boots?

Thanks a lot for reading

Re: What is standard contract hour for a pharmacist?

what are you talking about?
    i got my Lloyds pre-reg offer 2-3 months ago and they do not mention anything about post-qualifying contracts!
    in fact they should not, unless they are trying to tie you on a 2 years contract ( pre-reg and 1 year after qualifying) with a low pay contract! that's equivalent to 15.5 pounds/hour i.e assuming you work 48 weeks/year.

look for another company, Boots are still recruiting.
    is there a way you can send me your contract (i.e if you have got an e-mail version of the contract?).
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Raoul, I am not kidding. I am still in shock. I dont have an email contract, let me just quote what is written in my contract:

" Job title: The position offered to you will initially be as a preregistration trainee pharmacist. Post registration you WILL BE REQUIRED to remain in the same geographical location for a minimum of one year as a registered pharmacist..."
      Then
      " Salary: ....Post registration your annual salary will increase to that commensurate to the role of relief pharmacist/pharmacist ( for information, in 2008 the minimum salary for this position is 33,500 based on a 45 hour week)...."

So does it mean i have to work for them at least 1 year after pre-reg? I already accepted the offer.

Raoul, i did 3rd year placement with Boots, got Pre-reg offer with them but turned it down because it was too much stress and i got fed up. But if Lloyds makes me work 45 hour week for 33.5K then i will have to go back to Boots once qualified

Comment

all offers given 2-3 months ago did not have any restriction. all candidates attending 2nd and 3rd round interviews been asked to work for the company post-registration. i believe the area manager discussed it with you and informed you about it.

for me i have no restrictions to work with them after pre-reg year.

check your pm, i will provide you with the contact number of the person you need to get in touch with.

Regards
        [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Sounds like 8.30 - 5.30 with premises open during lunch hour Moday to Friday.

I do 9 hours with SD and have a sandwhich in the dispensary. At least SD have a staff room, few lds have one other than a small office.
          johnep

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi_kitty86 View Post

" Job title: The position offered to you will initially be as a preregistration trainee pharmacist. Post registration you WILL BE REQUIRED to remain in the same geographical location for a minimum of one year as a registered pharmacist..."
            If this clause is reproduced correctly, it is illegal. Many contracts include this "geographical retainer". It cannot be enforced. Strangely, when you leave the position, the clause becomes something like "You will NOT be allowed to practise within a three mile radius of your current location".

Again illegal.

The word we are searching for is "Gobshite"
            Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Working...
            X