This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A really good cough medicine

I am not sure if this message is duplicated as i am not quite sure how this forum works (new user but like jammy dodgers they have been around a long time) .any how my problem is this. I would like to continue to make a fantastic cough bottle which i have been making for 15 years but in 2005, some new legislation changed its legal category from p to pom. It is now not legal to sell without a prescription because it contains chlorodyne. This renders the cough bottle a pom, the total conc. Of anh. Morphine per bottle would be .008%w/v.removal of the chlorodyne would diminish the flavour and palatability.
    The rpsgb have advised that i apply for a medicine licence from the mhra. This is expensive and could be refused. Can anyone save this very old recipe from being forgotten and lost.
    What happens when we have a flu pandemic will it then be deregulated?
    Should i get an mp involved, he would certainly be backed by the public , and it is not prone to abuse as it is highly regulated and all sales are recorded.

Re: A really good cough medicine

Originally posted by Jammydodger View Post
    I would like to continue to make a fantastic cough bottle which i have been making for 15 years but in 2005, some new legislation changed its legal category from p to pom. It is now not legal to sell without a prescription because it contains chlorodyne. This renders the cough bottle a pom, the total conc. Of anh. Morphine per bottle would be .008%w/v.removal of the chlorodyne would diminish the flavour and palatability.
    The rpsgb have advised that i apply for a medicine licence from the mhra. This is expensive and could be refused. Can anyone save this very old recipe from being forgotten and lost.
    What happens when we have a flu pandemic will it then be deregulated?
    Should i get an mp involved, he would certainly be backed by the public , and it is not prone to abuse as it is highly regulated and all sales are recorded.
    Ask your patients to request their GP's to prescribe St Lukes cough mixture - it's allowable on FP10's and available from the manufacturing dept at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary.

Jeff

Comment

Re: A really good cough medicine

Same thing happened to Collis Brownes. A version is still sold OTC, check the formulation and see if you can alter yours to agree with regs.
      johnep

Comment

Working...
      X