Boots vs Sainsburys pre-reg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots vs Sainsburys pre-reg

I'm having a tough time deciding between two offers I have for pre-reg: Boots or Sainsburys. At first I was almost sure I was going to choose Sainsburys because I have a positive impression of the company from undergoing the application process despite the fact that the location they have offered me is not the best and where I won't know anyone, but then I started thinking I want to get as much experience as I can out of my pre-reg year and think I am more likely to get this with Boots. Also, Boots have given me an offer in my first choice location.

Has anyone here worked for Sainsburys pharmacy before and can tell me a bit about what they're like to help me make a decision?

Re: Boots vs Sainsburys pre-reg

Originally posted by snowy View Post
    I'm having a tough time deciding between two offers I have for pre-reg: Boots or Sainsburys. At first I was almost sure I was going to choose Sainsburys because I have a positive impression of the company from undergoing the application process despite the fact that the location they have offered me is not the best and where I won't know anyone, but then I started thinking I want to get as much experience as I can out of my pre-reg year and think I am more likely to get this with Boots. Also, Boots have given me an offer in my first choice location.

Has anyone here worked for Sainsburys pharmacy before and can tell me a bit about what they're like to help me make a decision?
    sainsbury pays an extra 2500 pounds, go for it....
    at the end as what other members stated before, it depends on the pharmacist tutoring you, not on the company.
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Boots training *used* to be one of the best, but it does depend on the tutor and their commitment to you.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Snowy

I’ve spoken to a friend who has worked at Sainsbury’s after qualifying. He didn’t know what the pre-reg training is like, but from what I’ve read on their website; it seems rather structured.

However, he said it’s a good company, but also said the ‘pharmacy dept’ seems rather separate from the rest of the store and that some customers treat the pharmacy like a supermarket….but that’s his opinion. You get customers like that everywhere. I personally don’t know much about Sainsbury’s.

I would say, you should have a look around the pharmacy to see if it matches you….and as others have said above, your tutor is key….

I’ve worked for Boots only as a summer student….but I had a good experience. They were very structured and were interested in helping me develop….

All the best
        Lazy Lady...
        [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Comment

Love the avatar..are you for sale? (I have a problem cat)

Fleeg.

(All the best..Don't think you would go far wrong with either option).
            Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Hello there. For what its worth. I did my pre-reg with Boots in one of their superstores. Training I have to say was pretty well structured (though it was 1994-1995) and the store (pharmacist) and deputy (non-pharmacist) managers were great people and quite pharmacy oriented in their outlook.

I managed a Sainsbury's pharmacy a couple of years back and I feel everything will depend upon the relationship between store management (all non-pharmacy) and the pharmacy manager. I was fortunate in that I had a great store management team and we all got on really well. This meant I was left alone to focus on pharmacy issues.

Both company's are good to work for, bottom line is the ability to build good and lasting relationships with all your colleagues, pharmacy and non-pharmacy.

I would worry less about money differences at this stage. Spend a day or so in each site to get a feel of things. Go with you gut.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X