No announcement yet.

Is there money to be made in pharmacy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there money to be made in pharmacy?

Hi there

I had an interview at a local independent pharmacy as a minmum wage assistant and during the interview process the pharmacist told me he has been looking for a pharmacist for months to take over at the pharmacy.

He told me he was willing to pay £50-60k, 4 weeks paid hols, Mon-Fri or mon-sat (NOT SURE) hand over the business to the pharmacist for minimum 3 years for 40/60 split of profits over that time. No money investment from the employed pharmacist. He told me he interview 4 candidates all turned him down, one even insisted on 5 weeks hols plus increase in profits!!

What do you guys think? Can you get rich being a pharmacist?

Cheers!!!

Re: Is there money to be made in pharmacy?

Originally posted by jcpmed View Post

Cheers!!!
    You can get quite comfortable but you have to put the long hours in to get it.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Hi
      Where was this position as I might be interested?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jcpmed View Post
        Hi there

I had an interview at a local independent pharmacy as a minmum wage assistant and during the interview process the pharmacist told me he has been looking for a pharmacist for months to take over at the pharmacy.

He told me he was willing to pay £50-60k, 4 weeks paid hols, Mon-Fri or mon-sat (NOT SURE) hand over the business to the pharmacist for minimum 3 years for 40/60 split of profits over that time. No money investment from the employed pharmacist. He told me he interview 4 candidates all turned him down, one even insisted on 5 weeks hols plus increase in profits!!

Cheers!!!
        I would take this talk of succession with a pinch of salt until the ink is dried on a witnessed contract.
        Otherwise it is easy to renege and sell to the highest bidder and blow you out.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
        X