scary explody things!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scary explody things!

Was just casually googling away this morning when i stumbled across a website giving recipies on how to make home-made explosives (damn me and my mischevious bent). One in particular got me extremely worried - it's known as AP. It's one of the explosives used in the london bombings. The truly scary thing is that my pharmacy dept sells two of the ingredients and the third is available over on the shop floor! I won't go into details on the public forum but send me a pm if you want details of what items to watch out for people buying in (relatively) large amounts, as government guidance is (deliberately?) vague.

AP is very nasty, unstable stuff which will even explode if crushed underfoot - it's supposed to be comparable in explosive power to nitroglycerine. It's normally combined with a type of gunsmith's powder to make a putty for use in blasting caps but the raw crystals go bang in a big way all by themselves. The processes used for making it are very dangerous as it has a habit of just going boom even when brewing it up slightly wrongly!

“It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Re: scary explody things!

lets just hope your surfing habits aren't being 'watched' too closely!!

MI5/6 could be knocking at your door!!

Comment

i'm probably already under surveillance Jon
      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

The 7/7 explosive ingredients were widely reported in the press at the time.
        johnep

Comment

your not brazillian are you dispensalot? prepare to get randomly house raided by the MI5!!!
          We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Originally posted by SolomonQ View Post
            your not brazillian are you dispensalot? prepare to get randomly house raided by the MI5!!!
            i keep my helmet on at all times just in case now. makes kissing lady_dispensalot goodnight a bit tough though...

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
            X