linseed oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linseed oil

had an unusal request earlier for some linseed oil - after thinking a bit differently, i realised that the patient didn't want it to rub into their cricket bat, but were after an oil supplement.
    A bit of digging found out that it's also known as flaxseed oil and is often put in vegetarian omega 3 supplements. Apparantly it has got 6 times the omega 3 that fish oils have but it's in a form that the body can't use as effectively.

just thought i'd put this up in case anyone else gets thrown off-balance by it!
    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Re: linseed oil

I always take flaxseed oil capsules – because they do wonders for your skin.
    I started taking it when I was 16, never had pimples since!!

It can heal up scars, inflamed skin, dry skin, acne – because it has anti-inflammatory properties and prevents clogging of pores.

It’s included in the oils used for a facial massage too….I do it all the time!

Try Sanctuary – Radiance boosting facial oil – a great buy (I’ve been told it has some Flaxseed oil, as well as Rosehip and Jojoba oil)
    Lazy Lady...
    [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Nite View Post
      Try Sanctuary – Radiance boosting facial oil – a great buy (I’ve been told it has some Flaxseed oil, as well as Rosehip and Jojoba oil)
      I've now got a mental image of me rubbing this into my stubbly face.....hmmm...no, it's not quite me, is it?

“It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Linseed oil- isn't that what you use on cricket bats?
        Has caused many a shed fire, as it can spontaneously ignite, I believe,...
        Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

yeah zogg but the stuff you get for bats and shed fires is heat-treated and got funny chemicals added (to stop it going off - it goes rancid in no time at all after exposure to air) apparantly....

Terry Pratchett

Comment

A pharmaceutical description of linseed oil can be found in Ph. Eur. under the monography "Oleum lini".

Comment

Hahahaha ……. I got carried away!

Walk into Holland and Barratts…you will find the capsules, oil and the seeds (often mixed with cereals)

I guess it’s used for a range of things……

Flaxseed - the benefits

https://www.medicinescomplete.com/mc...t%2Fcurrent%2F
              Lazy Lady...
              [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

I take linseed as the seeds when I have the urge to loose some weight. Valuable source of unsaturated fatty acids.
                johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                  I take linseed as the seeds when I have the urge to loose some weight. Valuable source of unsaturated fatty acids.
                  johnep
                  I have two tablespoonsful (ah, remember them!) on my cereal each morning. I am a veggie*. I soak them overnight in apple juice (I don't drink milk much), and neither they nor I have spontaneously ignited- yet.

veggie = vegetarian, not vegetable.
                  ....just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by DavidS View Post
                    neither they nor I have spontaneously ignited- yet.
                    heheh David i would imagine that you'll have to keep away from sources of ignition though!

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
                      heheh David i would imagine that you'll have to keep away from sources of ignition though!
                      Mrs. DavidS laughed like a drain when I told her about this reply. I don't see why.
                      ....just my opinion

Comment

Working...
                      X