recent news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recent news

1-discontinuation of CFC beclametasone, and the use of Brand products instead i.e Clenil or Qvar, with Qvar having double the potency of Clenil.

2-discontinuation of Combivent inhalers, i am not sure if there is another product to replace them or prescriber will simply prescribe salbutamol and iprotium seperatly.

3- one more Questions to be asked when providing needle exchange scheme, WHAT ARE YOU USING THEM FOR " with 1-8 options to tick " 1- cocaine 2-heroin ....etc". well this was the 1st day to this new regulation and the users are not happy at all, in fact some simply answered me " why the F--- are you asking" even that i informed them before " i am sorry but we have to ask 1 more question under the new regulations starting this week, what are you using the needle for'.

4- orlistat will hit the market soon as P product as some antibiotics as well for cyctitis " wodering which ones??"

5- Dr still prescribing diprobase pump 500g creams, even that there is a manufacturing problem for weeks. am i wrong?

feel free to comment or add on the list
    Last edited by Rafael; 2, July 2008, 08:52 PM.
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Re: recent news

Originally posted by Ray View Post
    1-discontinuation of CFC beclametasone, and the use of Brand products instead i.e Clenil or Qvar, with Qvar having double the potency of Clenil.

2-discontinuation of Combivent inhalers, i am not sure if there is another product to replace them or prescriber will simply prescribe salbutamol and iprotium seperatly.

3- one more Questions to be asked when providing needle exchange scheme, WHAT ARE YOU USING THEM FOR " with 1-8 options to tick " 1- cocaine 2-heroin ....etc". well this was the 1st day to this new regulation and the users are not happy at all, in fact some simply answered me " why the F--- are you asking" even that i informed them before " i am sorry but we have to ask 1 more question under the new regulations starting this week, what are you using the needle for'.

4- orlistat will hit the market soon as P product as some antibiotics as well for cyctitis " wodering which ones??"

5- Dr still prescribing diprobase pump 500g creams, even that there is a manufacturing problem for weeks. am i wrong?

feel free to comment or add on the list
    love it when we receive a script for diprobase cream 500g NOT!

discontinued combivent? lots of people seemed to be switched just to atrovent.

beclometasone? most seem to be switched to Qvar though many children switched to Clenil.

L x

Comment

Orlistat as a P? that explains that MANUFACTURING DELAY

still NO pseudoepherine

Comment

Yup - you're wrong. There has been a problem - but being limited to a single wholesaler doesn't help.

It's in stock at all three shops I'm working at this week.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by northerntech View Post
          still NO pseudoepherine
          Try ordering 500's of Galpseud.

Jeff

Comment

AFAIK the cystitis thing is going to be a 3 day course of trimethoprim after a lengthy questionnaire...

resistance ahoy....
            “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

3- one more Questions to be asked when providing needle exchange scheme, WHAT ARE YOU USING THEM FOR " with 1-8 options to tick " 1- cocaine 2-heroin ....etc". well this was the 1st day to this new regulation and the users are not happy at all, in fact some simply answered me " why the F--- are you asking" even that i informed them before " i am sorry but we have to ask 1 more question under the new regulations starting this week, what are you using the needles for'.

no replies? it's just annoying me as heck.......
              is it also in your area, or just in the south of kent, the addition of this extra annoying question on the sheet?
              [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
              [/COLOR]

Comment

3- one more Questions to be asked when providing needle exchange scheme, WHAT ARE YOU USING THEM FOR " with 1-8 options to tick " 1- cocaine 2-heroin ....etc". well this was the 1st day to this new regulation and the users are not happy at all, in fact some simply answered me " why the F--- are you asking" even that i informed them before " i am sorry but we have to ask 1 more question under the new regulations starting this week, what are you using the needles for'.

no replies? it's just annoying me as heck.......
                is it also in your area, or just in the south of kent, the addition of this extra annoying question on the sheet?
                So offer the feedback to the needle exchange scheme
                As part a harm reduction exercise it is antagonising the service users. Then suggest that perhaps a paper questionnaire with every supply would prove more acceptable than verbal questioning)

Jeff

Comment

"1-discontinuation of CFC beclametasone, and the use of Brand products instead i.e Clenil or Qvar, with Qvar having double the potency of Clenil."

wondering how will we be paid for proviing Clenil 250 for a script saying beclametasone 250 mcg?
                  if it's been endorsed as Clenil 250, do we have to do extra arrangment to get paid for the brand product or PPA will automatically pay us for Clenil?

thanks in advance
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

"So offer the feedback to the needle exchange scheme"

i will soon, will write them to inform them
                    1- SOME customers are afraid about "confidential details" being circulated, as a lot of them on methadone i.e maybe they do not want their initials to be tracked by addiction centres
                    2- the ladies " staff" are not happy to hear customers complain after introducing the extra question which believe it or not, does not provide a TRUE pic of what substance they use, some of them even tell me, well just tick any of them.

3- i truly believe there is no point of introducing this silly question " what are you using them for" for christ's sake, they know 90% of them use them to INJECT drugs.
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

"1-discontinuation of CFC beclametasone, and the use of Brand products instead i.e Clenil or Qvar, with Qvar having double the potency of Clenil."

wondering how will we be paid for proviing Clenil 250 for a script saying beclametasone 250 mcg?
                      if it's been endorsed as Clenil 250, do we have to do extra arrangment to get paid for the brand product or PPA will automatically pay us for Clenil?

thanks in advance
                      If script says beclometasone 250mcg cfc-free you will be paid for Clenil

If the Rx does not mention cfc-free then you should still provide the generic cfc-containing inhaler.

More difficult for other strengths of cfc-free generic descriptions when Qvar is an option also - there ethically you should confirm with the prescriber which one is intended (I'm switching all the patients at my practices but Rxing them all by brand and this is recommended by MHRA so GPs should not be using generic descriptions for this very reason)

Qvar only licensed for over 12 years but licence is pending for under 12s and likely to come through in next few months.
                      Clenil licensed for children but up to age 18 (I think) should be used via a spacer.
                      Titch

Comment

but the whole story about the discontinuation of CFC beclametasone, what i understood from the letter we received that starting from beginning of july, we should provide Clenil or Qvar " after giving out all the cfc beclametasone which we already have given all "
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

That could be the way that your PCT wants to operate it. Not the most robust system and asking you to provide a different drug to what the GP has actually prescribed.

Wouldn't have a problem following such a system so long as there is a way to inform the GP when a patient has been changed and what to, and so long as all parties involved understand the system.

There is supposed to be sufficient cfc-containing beclometasone available until the end of August but I do believe 250mcg strength is likely to be the first to run out.
                          Titch

Comment

Working...
                          X