Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

locum vs perm

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • locum vs perm

    Hi All,

    I've been a locum now for the past 2 years and am thinking of going perm. i'm worried that i'm going to lose out on the money front and not sure if the other, less tangible gains, will make up for it. Are any of you perm guys previous locums? what are the main advantages since you've gone perm?

    thx

  • #2
    Re: locum vs perm

    Lloyds will be delighted to tell you.
    johnep

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: locum vs perm

      hmmm, not sure if you're joking or not! seriously, i'd really like a perspective from someone without a vested interest. some of you guys must have been locum's before?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: locum vs perm

        I'm earning more money now i'm permanent, with more time off(6 weeks hol and a 9 day fortnight) and i have no daft MUR/item targets to hit!

        Main advantages

        - no more turning up at shops with no staff etc.
        - no more worry about not having bookings
        - continuity
        - Tax issues easier to sort(but i guess thats an individual thing!)
        - Bonus
        - Company Car
        - Good Pension scheme(if there is such a thing!)


        Guess it depends on the package/company and the actual pharmacy you work in.

        Overall i'm a lot more better off!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: locum vs perm

          You cannot be working for lds then.
          johnep

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: locum vs perm

            No, been there done that!!!

            Never again, permanent or locum!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: locum vs perm

              Originally posted by JonF View Post
              No, been there done that!!!

              Never again, permanent or locum!
              Same here!
              (Read through my numerous previous posts to find out more...)
              Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: locum vs perm

                Originally posted by JonF View Post
                I'm earning more money now i'm permanent, with more time off(6 weeks hol and a 9 day fortnight) and i have no daft MUR/item targets to hit!

                Main advantages

                - no more turning up at shops with no staff etc.
                - no more worry about not having bookings
                - continuity
                - Tax issues easier to sort(but i guess thats an individual thing!)
                - Bonus
                - Company Car
                - Good Pension scheme(if there is such a thing!)


                Guess it depends on the package/company and the actual pharmacy you work in.

                Overall i'm a lot more better off!
                Locumming at just the two pharmacies I don't have problems with the first three
                Tax issues - not a problem and I can arrange my finances to minimise my tax burden
                Bonus - despite my protests - half my registration fee has been paid, and there's usually an extra cheque at Xmas
                Car - I'm taking delivery of another one tomorrow (part of arranging my finances to reduce the tax burden)
                Pension - If you have your own there are less concerns about the company moving the goalposts as you approach retirement.

                Jeff

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: locum vs perm

                  Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                  Pension - If you have your own there are less concerns about the company moving the goalposts as you approach retirement.

                  Jeff
                  I have as well

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: locum vs perm

                    You want a 'sperm' job?
                    johnep

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: locum vs perm

                      hello, i am spanish pharmacist and i find lo cum v sperm debate very intriguing. since coming in england i have been lo cum for 1 year but finding perm job is too hard for me. each time i think i have been the lucky one in interview. i am told i am better on lo cum rather than perm. can you guys in thesperm jobs tell me how to get into your world?
                      Is this serious?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: locum vs perm

                        Originally posted by sterling angry View Post
                        Hi All,

                        I've been a locum now for the past 2 years and am thinking of going perm. i'm worried that i'm going to lose out on the money front and not sure if the other, less tangible gains, will make up for it. Are any of you perm guys previous locums? what are the main advantages since you've gone perm?

                        thx
                        Are you in South Yorkshire?
                        I know of a small pharmacy chain that would welcome you.
                        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                        How times change.

                        If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: locum vs perm

                          Juanantonioantonio,
                          Why is it that your registered IP address is the same as Sterling Angry's?
                          Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: locum vs perm

                            Why is it that your registered IP address is the same as Sterling Angry's?
                            How do you find that out??

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: locum vs perm

                              Originally posted by JonF View Post
                              How do you find that out??
                              Moderator's secret!
                              Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X