Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an interview at my local pharmacists. Any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an interview at my local pharmacists. Any tips?

Hello, first of all, I thank you for reading this, as I feel unworthy. I just butted into this forum because I gave in an application for a part time job at my village chemist, (Alliance Pharmacy) and have an interview on Monday.

I do not have plans for a long term career in the field, but perhaps someone could give me some advice on what they would want from an assistant?

I did say on the form that I was "quite interested in medicine", which is true... I mean.... I'd happily watch a documentary about it, y'know?
    Not that I'd know what to say if he asked me about this 'interest'.

My last attempt at a job was at a delicatessen, and I was just too slow at organizing priorities. I don't think I should lie about this. What sort of duties does one have as a pharmacy shop assistant? I can only imagine having to remember the names of some medicines and where they are on the shelves.

Re: I have an interview at my local pharmacists. Any tips?

You will need good customer service skills, an ability to work within standard operating procedures (to know when the refer to Pharmacist etc) and there is a fair bit to learn about medicines. Good luck with the interview.

Comment

Re: I have an interview at my local pharmacists. Any tips?

There is a lot to learn and you will have to start on a course within 3 months of starting. Its not that hard really though, short multiple guess "test" after reading information on a particular topic - this is nothing to worry about. Its aim is to teach you the basics, I'm sure (well I hope) that the deli made you do some food safety training and pharmacy has its own basic training.

Just be honest and yourself in the interview. The person interviewing you will just want to find out if you are suitable.

Comment

Working...
      X