FP10 Scripts for Zoladex Inj and Epipen Inj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FP10 Scripts for Zoladex Inj and Epipen Inj

Do we lose money when we dispense FP10 scripts for Zoladex Injection and Epipen Injection (not jnr)? Wholesalers (Uni) do not give a discount on these lines and they are not in Part 2 of the drug tariff 'drugs for which discount is not deducted' list The answer may be common knowledge but I have just woken up!!!!!!!!!!!!. How many other products such as these are there? What do my colleagues do?. Refuse to dispense these scripts?

Re: FP10 Scripts for Zoladex Inj and Epipen Inj

You cannot refuse to dispense such items:
    "Can I refuse to dispense a medicine that I do not receive discount in obtaining and which is not on the Zero Discount List?

Pharmacy contractors, through their Terms of Service, are obliged to dispensed all medicines ordered with reasonable promptness, regardless of whether discount is received when obtaining a product (The National Health Service (Pharmaceutical Services) Regulations 2005. Schedule 1; Part 2;5.(2)(b)). "
    says the PSNC website: Welcome to PSNC- Speaking for Community Pharmacy
    I believe you should be able to argue the case for Zoladex to be added to the new-fangled version of the "ZD list", if indeed neither Unichem nor AAH give discount on it; see the PSNC page mentioned above to find out how. Good luck!
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Re: FP10 Scripts for Zoladex Inj and Epipen Inj

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
      You cannot refuse to dispense such items:
      "Can I refuse to dispense a medicine that I do not receive discount in obtaining and which is not on the Zero Discount List?

Pharmacy contractors, through their Terms of Service, are obliged to dispensed all medicines ordered with reasonable promptness, regardless of whether discount is received when obtaining a product (The National Health Service (Pharmaceutical Services) Regulations 2005. Schedule 1; Part 2;5.(2)(b)). "
      says the PSNC website: Welcome to PSNC- Speaking for Community Pharmacy
      I believe you should be able to argue the case for Zoladex to be added to the new-fangled version of the "ZD list", if indeed neither Unichem nor AAH give discount on it; see the PSNC page mentioned above to find out how. Good luck!
      Keep copies of the prescription in case they do add it to the list, perhaps?
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
      X