Buying a pharmacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a pharmacy

I have recently brought a pharmacy from Orridge. I feel that I have been conned. Orridge has recommended a rubbish solicitor to me who I know more about law than him.

After we have taken over the pharmacy. I have found almost every single customer ask for exchange of perfume against prescription items in this pharmacy.

In the transfer, this agent of Orridge seems to know a lot and tried to cover it for the previous owner.

Be careful, everyone. I will not use Orridge anymore.

Re: Buying a pharmacy

Are you saying that customers are obtaining scripts for the purpose of then using to obtain goods which they can sell?
    johnep

Comment

Re: Buying a pharmacy

First of all, Orridges were the agents of, and paid by, the vendor. Their first duty of care was to him. As you probably know, English and I think Scots law of sale (for anything ) works on the principle of Caveat Emptor. Let the buyer beware.

However, if they, (their rep) was aware of illegal goings-on, s/he should have backed off from trying to sell the business..

What you are describing as the customers/patients requests is fraud. I assume that as an owner you have joined the NPA. Get in touch with their legal dept pdq.

Comment

Working...
      X