Scary breach of confidentiality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary breach of confidentiality?

Received in the post: 3 prescriptions for 3 different patients, printed, dispensed and endorsed in april 2007, and endorsed & marked by the PPA as "paid". They were accompanied by a letter from a Cleaning Contractor company from Launceston in Cornwall, explaining that one of their cleaners had found these 3 scripts next to a rubbish bin, so he/she had handed them in to his/her Supervisor, who had duly posted them back to the GPs whose address was on the bottom, and the GPs sent them on to us!
    So, in short: What do the PPA do with scripts once they've reimbursed contractors for them? Aren't they supposed to dispose of them properly? How many more are floating around Cornwall?!?
    Needless to say, Health Solutions Wales, the Local Health Board, and the superintendant Pharmacist have been fully informed of this serious breach of patient confidentiality.
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Re: Scary breach of confidentiality?

Hey! Don't hold it against Cornwall!

How the hell did the Rxs end up in Cornwall anyway? No PPA down here.

How very strange and scary.
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Re: Scary breach of confidentiality?

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
      Hey! Don't hold it against Cornwall!

How the hell did the Rxs end up in Cornwall anyway? No PPA down here.

How very strange and scary.
      Yeah, that's what I thought!
      I can only imagine a strong northerly breeze blowing them across the Bristol Channel from the Welsh PPA in Cardiff??
      I'll keep you all posted if I hear of any "developments"...
      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Working...
      X