Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibuprofen powder

Somebody please help !

I need some Ibuprofen powder for a project I am working on....I have searched on the net to no avail

Can someone please point me in the right direction

Thanks in advance
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Ibuprofen Powder

Have you thought of contacting a company that makes ibuprofen tablets and ask them for a small sample, or ask them where they buy theirs?
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Thanks Admin

I'll try that ....most of them might want me to open an account with them though

Comment

I could try & ask one of my ex-colleagues in Belgium: as extemp compounding is a lot more common there, wholesalers usually stock "raw" ingredients in 100g-tubs, and every Pharmacy I've worked in in Brussels has always had dispensary shelves full of pots & jars of all sorts of ingredients... one even had a part-used bag of dried coca-leaves (PhEur?) in the CD cabinet!
        Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
          I could try & ask one of my ex-colleagues in Belgium: as extemp compounding is a lot more common there, wholesalers usually stock "raw" ingredients in 100g-tubs, and every Pharmacy I've worked in in Brussels has always had dispensary shelves full of pots & jars of all sorts of ingredients... one even had a part-used bag of dried coca-leaves (PhEur?) in the CD cabinet!
          That would be immensely helpful Zoggite, although I am not too sure about the coca leaves .....isn't that supposed to be a source of good old opium as in coca leaves from Peru . I have tried the states on the internet, I am waiting for some prices

Comment

Originally posted by kemzero View Post
            isn't that supposed to be a source of good old opium as in coca leaves from Peru
            Ahem!
            Pharmacognosy for Dummies, lesson One: Opium comes from the Opium Poppy, Papaver Somniferum, Papaveraceae; Coca leaves (Erythroxylon Coca, Rubiaceae)give us cocaine...

As for the ibuprofen: I'll get the Grapevine going tomorrow & let you know how I get on! What quantity would you be needing? 10 grams? 100grams? other?
            Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

When working at May & Baker at Dagenham in 1954 they extracted coca leaves. Just a chain across the entrance to the plant and leaves were blowing about everywhere.
              johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
                Ahem!
                Pharmacognosy for Dummies, lesson One: Opium comes from the Opium Poppy, Papaver Somniferum, Papaveraceae; Coca leaves (Erythroxylon Coca, Rubiaceae)give us cocaine...

As for the ibuprofen: I'll get the Grapevine going tomorrow & let you know how I get on! What quantity would you be needing? 10 grams? 100grams? other?

Zoggite.....PLEASE Get a LIFE
                I do still happen to have a copy of my Trease & Evans ,but well its been yonks since I last opened it , well over a decade ... so EXCUSE me ... a dummy I am not!
                Last edited by kemzero; 2, March 2007, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X