Pharma Rep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharma Rep

What's the minimum qualification required for a repping job in the pharma industry

Are BTechs accepted + ABPI exam ?? been asked by a hopeful ; so plz if there is anyone out there with an answer let me know
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Re: Pharma Rep

I really don't think there is a minimum qualification. I have encountered quite a few ex-nurses though..considering a rep merely markets the company products, and in the case of Rx drugs, provides literature for the pharmacist to read, and a sample or two; the rep has no legal responsibility regarding prescribing and supply.

I have often wondered about their ability to suddenly produce free stock or samples from the boot of their car though..are they legally in possession of these drugs? Just a thought...

Fleegle
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

I think it's as much about personality as qualifications. (How can anyone talk enthusiastically about decreased bladder urgency!)

Comment

Ref: Gents toilet of any pub..anywhere 11.30pm...(usually the guy next to you).
        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kemzero View Post
            What's the minimum qualification required for a repping job in the pharma industry
            Long legs, short skirt, interesting cleavage and a certain degree of gullibility.

Jeff

Comment

Calling all ladies; We demand respect....
              Lazy Lady...
              [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                Long legs, short skirt, interesting cleavage and a certain degree of gullibility.

Jeff
                and that's just for the male reps!

boom boom

but seriously, a LOT of the reps i talk to seem to be picked purely because they look good in a suit and know how to talk the talk - be them boy or girl.
                sad but true...
                “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Criteria used at my old company was being to able explain 'osmosis'.
                  Training courses are fairly intensive and the ABPI runs an exam for those with no degree in pharmacy or medicine.
                  johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                    Criteria used at my old company was being to able explain 'osmosis'.
                    Training courses are fairly intensive and the ABPI runs an exam for those with no degree in pharmacy or medicine.
                    johnep

Is that to say...a degree in another science /field ; or no degree at all
                    I know the old RGN (diploma qualified nurses) can work as pharma reps , but not sure whether the Btec qualification is equivalent to a diploma
                    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

please be aware that buying from spammers is not recommended, as you won't get value for money, and they are definitely not endorsed by anyone on this forum.
                      ....just my opinion

Comment

Hello I'm doing some research on drug reps and wondered if someone could spare the time to tell me how it works?

Comment

No need to repeat yourself, we clocked you the first time.
                          johnep

Comment

Working...
                          X