Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oxford or Nottingham - which hospital pre-reg??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxford or Nottingham - which hospital pre-reg??

Hi,

I've been lucky enough to get all my hospital pre-reg offers, but I'm still not too sure which hospital to go for. I've narrowed it down to a choice between Nottingham QMC and Oxford John Radcliffe. I'd be grateful for any input on which of these two hospitals offer the best training, which would look better on my CV, etc.

Thanks!!

Re: Oxford or Nottingham - which hospital pre-reg??

Hi, just new to this whole pharmacy forum thing, i know that you posted this quiet a while ago but i was wondering if you took the John radcliffe hospital in the end? I 'd love to work there, i've heard great things about it! I'm 3rd year RGU pharmacy student and i have an interview for next week for a summer placement there! Do you have any tips?

Comment

Nottingham is cheaper to live in than Oxford--but then pre-regs these days are fairly well paid.

Comment

it was recently revealed nottingham has one of the higest increases in crime rate or has the highest crime rate, something along those lines anyway. and oxford plays host to the University of Oxford, so take your pick.
        We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Nottingham apparently is gun capital of UK. However, girls are reckoned to be prettiest in UK.

Oxford has a notorious estate, but always chance of meeting some millionaires daughter/son. I would have loved to be able to study pharmacy at Oxford or Cambridge, in those days you had to have O level latin.
          johnep

Comment

Nottingham's gun problem is mainly in the West Bridgeford, nowhere near Queens medical centre, so don't worry about that. Lenton is near QMC and I strongly advise against living there--very run down and break-ins all the time. Beeston and Chilwell are not far away and are very middle class suburban areas, but students live here too--Beeston is on the doorstep of the Uni, which is just over the main rd from QMC, so you could even cycle thru the campus to work.

Comment

Working...
            X