Hospital Pharmacy Band 6 interviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospital Pharmacy Band 6 interviews

I've applied to a couple of hospitals and received 3 interviews which have no flexibility in terms of days. Please advice on the following

1. How long does a band 6 hospital interview take roughly as I plan on travelling to 2 hospitals all in one day?
    2. How long does it take for them to offer job, can it be on the same day for example or the next day?
    3. Is it advisable risking one offer in a place I'd not like over a place I like?
    4. Just general advice.

I greatly appreciate your help

2. Might offer on the day, but depends on how many people are being interviewed. And they might have a policy which says they consult references BEFORE job offers.

Comment

1. How long does a band 6 hospital interview take roughly as I plan on travelling to 2 hospitals all in one day?

My band 6 interview took about an hour.

2. How long does it take for them to offer job, can it be on the same day for example or the next day?

I was told I'd hear back by the end of the week, had the interview on Wed and got the offer on Friday. So 2 days -obviously may vary amongst hospitals.

3. Is it advisable risking one offer in a place I'd not like over a place I like?

Maybe? Depends on your experience and how confident you are in potentially getting the offer.

4. Just general advice

You've got 3 interviews so looks like you are doing a good job, keep it up and portray it across in the interviews. Try and be natural and relaxed!

Best wishes

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Needless to say I did not get any offer. I always score low when it comes to clinical experience. It is hard as it is already trying to get community work as a locum.

Comment

So, how is your reply going to help others? Ie how long the interviews took. Questions asked and those you had problems with. You must brush up your interview technique. We cannot help you if you give no details. This is a perennial problem in that posters want help for themselves but then do not help others.
          johnep

Comment

Well, fair point. Lets see if this helps anyone, pardon my moping reply earlier.

1. The interviews are approximately 1 hour in length.
            2. The questions are basic, as follows
            3. Why this hospital?
            4. What qualities/skills can you bring?
            5. Describe a time you had to work as part of a team.
            6. Describe what you will do in the ward from start to finish.
            7. Describe a clinical intervention you undertook?

I had difficulty in describing a clinical intervention. I used an example from my pre-reg year but I think they want an example from me post registration. I have only worked one day in a pharmacy since September so in 60 days just one day. I am based in London, still waiting for DBS and they are just no jobs unless I travel 2 hours, make 3 changes on public transport.

Still, regardless I will endeavour and when I have a job I will be in a better position to help people who ever need my help.

Comment

Thank you Jamie. This will help someone else. So, perhaps others can give examples of clinical intervention. Unfortunately, people assume that there is full employment in pharmacy. Used to be but not now. It is no longer the door to a secure future as it was in my day.
              johnep

Comment

True. An encouragement, If I could get through pre-reg and God was I in such an aweful, aweful place then anyone can. If I manage to find a job and succeed anyone can too. Lets see how this goes...

Comment

Working...
                X