Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application for Band 6 pharmacist

Hi all,

I am a newly qualified pharmacist (qualified yesterday!), completed my pre-registration year within a community pharmacy and currently unemployed looking to transfer to hospital pharmacy. Unlike many pharmacists I have come across I have quite liked community pharmacy, I am generally quite passionate about pharmacy and feel regardless of which sector all pharmacists can make a significant difference to patients. Having said that, my passion is clinical pharmacy, my knowledge of clinical pharmacy is fairly good and I want to progress further. I applied to do my pre-registration year within hospital however unfortunately interviews aren't my best of friends so didn't make it.

I am currently applying for Band 6 jobs and would really appreciate some advice in terms of application. For example, when using examples to complement statements how do I do this without sounding too wordy/story like.

If anyone that has made the move from community pre-reg to hospital pharmacist or anyone else can give me some tips of successful application I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance

The best advice I ever got for interviews was the STAR technique. If you are asked to display a competence set the Scene, describe the Task/challenge you needed to overcome, explain the Action you completed to overcome it and state the Result/outcome.

This is usually how a good interviewer will score your interview so you are giving your responses in a structured format that should hopefully allow you to stay on point and easily rack up a good interview score.

Good luck in any other interviews going forwards and you could always stay in community for 3 years then look at GP practice/care home/urgent care roles that would be more clinical and should come with an IP qualification.
    I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

Comment

Also search the forum on hospital interviews using the search box. Afterwards, please give feed back to help others. So many ask but do not give.
      Good luck.
      johnep

Comment

Congratulations on qualifying..... If you want to pm me any points you want answers to i'dl gladly help ....I've worKed all over the uk in hospitals ( about 14 trusts to date) so ask away!!!

Comment

Working...
        X