• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmanaut
    replied
    Re: Pharmacy Technician Salary Structure

Originally posted by paul2008 View Post
    Hi,

I guess you have already been looking on the net but you can find NHS pay rates here. Technicians start and band 4 and work up to band 5 (ACT) or I think manager at band 6. NHS jobs in England are advertised on NHS Jobs - NHS Careers and Jobs and you will find job descriptions for a range of salaries here if you do a search for pharmacy technician jobs.

Best of luck. If technicians in the community have a career structure, I believe they will be more motivated to learn and improve their practise and we will have less threads about how useless NVQ is because this will show it to be the entry point and not the standard for a pharmacy technician.

Paul
    That's the idea.
    It will also make it harder for them to be poached away by less forward thinking orgs. For a while anyway. After all, try operating a good pharmacy without good staff!

Of course mine will all want to be band 9 point 56.
    Last edited by Pharmanaut; 27, October 2008, 10:01 PM. Reason: humour injection

Leave a comment:

• paul2008
    replied
    Re: Pharmacy Technician Salary Structure

Hi,

I guess you have already been looking on the net but you can find NHS pay rates here. Technicians start and band 4 and work up to band 5 (ACT) or I think manager at band 6. NHS jobs in England are advertised on NHS Jobs - NHS Careers and Jobs and you will find job descriptions for a range of salaries here if you do a search for pharmacy technician jobs.

Best of luck. If technicians in the community have a career structure, I believe they will be more motivated to learn and improve their practise and we will have less threads about how useless NVQ is because this will show it to be the entry point and not the standard for a pharmacy technician.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Pharmanaut
    started a topic Pharmacy Technician Salary Structure

Pharmacy Technician Salary Structure

Hi,
    I've been tasked with putting together some kind of career structure and salary progession akin to that in hospital so that we can recruit and retain good technicians.

Anyone bring me up to date on what the grades and salaries are for our hospital technician colleagues?
Working...
X