Consultant Pharmacist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consultant Pharmacist?

Can anyone tell me what a consultant pharacist is, what they do, salary compared to other types of pharmacy etc.

Is anyone here a consutant pharmacist?

Consultant Pharmacists

Jayem

Welcome, and thanks for the post. I found this article that hopefully answers your questions.

http://www.pjonline.com/hospital/Edi...t/comment.html

Admin
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

admin

Is a consultant pharmacist equate to a clinical pharmacist?

Thank you
      mail: xiongliang0#gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by xiongliang0
        admin

Is a consultant pharmacist equate to a clinical pharmacist?

Thank you
        No I don't think so. I would guess a consultant pharmacist has a higher position. I have been a clinical pharmacist myself, but wouldn't have classed myself as a consultant!
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
          No I don't think so. I would guess a consultant pharmacist has a higher position. I have been a clinical pharmacist myself, but wouldn't have classed myself as a consultant!
          Times have changed - I called myself a consultant pharmacist before PCTs began and I used to sell my services to GP's.

Then the PCTs arrived and undercut me.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff
            Times have changed - I called myself a consultant pharmacist before PCTs began and I used to sell my services to GP's.

Then the PCTs arrived and undercut me.

Jeff

B*st*rds! Sorry everytime someone mentions PCTs I get irate. I'm thinking of getting counselling!
            Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
            pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
            eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear
              B*st*rds! Sorry everytime someone mentions PCTs I get irate. I'm thinking of getting counselling!
              Hiya Linnear
              you sure do mate....what's your stress..
              Cool it mate at the rate your going you might suffer a coronary.....its not worth the aggro ....
              I work for a PCT and I think PAYE PCT pharmacists do a fantastic job for peanuts .......by the way Linnear...you can still offer your professional services to GPs via the new PBC (practice based commissioning) model..so don't worry and by the way most PCTs are now doing away with your pharmacist colleagues anyway
              Last edited by kemzero; 24, July 2006, 11:08 PM.
              Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Originally posted by kemzero
                Hiya Linnear
                you sure do mate....what's your stress..
                Had a run in with a PCT member a few years ago. I've got a real problem with dealing with arseholes who put themselves above everyone else with no real reason for it. That's why I didn't follow my Dad into the Navy.

Cool it mate at the rate your going you might suffer a coronary.....its not worth the aggro ....
                A shop I work in does BP testing now. I tested mine the other day much to everyone's enjoyment. They were expecting 250/190. Actually it was 143/86. I reckon the fact that I blow like Vesuvius over every little thing helps keep the stress down. No bottling up for me!

I work for a PCT and I think PAYE PCT pharmacists do a fantastic job for peanuts .......by the way Linnear...you can still offer your professional services to GPs via the new PBC (practice based commissioning) model..so don't worry and by the way most PCTs are now doing away with your pharmacist colleagues anyway

I know now that there are good pharmacists on PCTs and am trying to not let the red mist rise. But must try harder, must try harder, must try harder.
                Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
                pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
                eloquent-e-tales

Comment

No I don't think so. I would guess a consultant pharmacist has a higher position
                  Oh, that's a good news. The job must be very important and useful in the hosptital.
                  mail: xiongliang0#gmail.com

Comment

Re: Consultant Pharmacist?

does such a thing exsist?
                    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

Guidance for the development of consultant pharmacist posts : Department of Health - Publications
                      http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...snroses2-1.jpg

”We are real. We are not glam sh*t or anything else. We are Guns N’ Roses.”

Comment

I thought it was the posh name Boots gave their employee pharmacists--I'm sure I saw badges with that on it a few years back.

Comment

I used to have one...a boots "consultant pharmacist" badge - they gave that title to any pharmacist that had been with the company for 18mths. I left a while back. Looking back, I think if you got one, it almost resigned you to the fact that you were a boots clone. They have got rid of it now I think. Handing my name badge and locker key was probably the best move I ever made

Comment

There are a few firms which offer a kind of a hyrid between business and pharmacy consultancy. It involves an experienced pharmacist going tp pharmacies and showing them how to make the most of their businesses such as how to maximise profit from correct endorsing and organising logistics to maximise profits...

Comment

Interesting. Are you able to post links to the 'few firms' who provide this service? If so please do.

Fleeg.
                              Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Working...
                              X