X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are pre-reg supposed to do weekends?

Hi,

Do I have to work on weekends.
    Actually I don't mind. It is a good experience.
    Last edited by ramroum; 20, March 2008, 06:57 PM.

Re: Are pre-reg supposed to do weekends?

Originally posted by ramroum View Post
    Hi,

I am a pre-reg at hospital. My name was put on the rota to work few weekends and the odd bank holidays starting from the new year, staff usually work on these days only few hours until 12 ish. I will be paid for doing them.
    Do I have the right to ask technicians if they like to do them and get paid so I don't do them, because weekends are my only escape to write the evidences or study, do I need to ask my tutour first if I can not do them or shall I ask the techs straight away without telling my tutour?

Many thanks.
    You'll possibly experience a different side to the job - and if it's quiet write up your evidence then!
    Ask for wednesday afternoon off in lieu perhaps ...
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      Last edited by ramroum; 20, March 2008, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Ensure you have a 'phone a friend' as it is at weekends that the odd queries come in.
        johnep

Comment

Its not as though you'll be doing every weekend, and you can quite easily get by without writing any evidence for a weekend (it might even open your eyes to things that are done differently at the weekend - extra evidence!)

Either way, i wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. It'll only be a few hours and if its anything like where i work, you get 4 hours back for 3 hours worked then time and a half for anything more

Comment

Thanks ALEX. I feel OK about it now. I get money for it not time off.

Comment

Working...
            X