Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice pharmacist salary

Hi,

I have recently completed the IP course and currently work in community pharmacy, i have an interview for a practice based prescribing pharmacist role. Does anyone know what salary expectations to suggest? Ive been trawling the internet but cant seem to find a figure anywhere, I was hoping would be more than community pharmacy but not sure if this is the case?

Thanks

Well you do not seem to have trawled here! Search the forum using the search box.
    johnep

Comment

It depends where you work and what your experience is but between £25 and £50 an hour. Sorry that’s a big spread but I’ve met pharmacists on all salaries in between this. Usual holiday entitlement is five weeks but I know someone on six.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Depends on if you have applied directly through the NHS pilot scheme through a GP federation or directly to the surgery.
        Surgery will pay you more and you can negotiate with them. As a pharmacist they know your value in prescribing as no-one but the doctors will prescribe as much medication as you in surgery. (repeat prescriptions etc)
        NHS pilot - standard starting salary for clinical pharmacist is 37,000 (Band7) and for Senior clinical pharmacist 46,000 (Band8).

Inbox me if you want more info.

Comment

Working...
        X