Welcome to the Pharmacy Forum, where you can share information with fellow professionals, take part in discussions and contribute to community activities. The Pharmacy Forum is operated and maintained by or on behalf of CIG Digital Ltd.
It is important that you read this document in conjunction with the Terms & Conditions
In this policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
"Data/Personal Information" means collectively all the information you submit or provide to the Pharmacy Forum. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998
"User "means anyone that accesses the Pharmacy Forum or related websites and is not an employee of CIG Digital Ltd acting in the course of their employment
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information
- Demographic information such as country, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Name, address GPharmC number and job title – for private pharmacist section only
- What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to provide you with services or information that you have requested
- to contact you regarding your registered account with us
- to send you email newsletters and CPD/learning notifications
- to inform you if you have won a prize
- to monitor or improve the performance of, and products and services available through, the Pharmacy Forum
- to customise the advertising and content that you see
- to monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the Pharmacy Forum, enforce our rights and protect the safety of others including investigating and if necessary removing any content about which we receive a complaint
- to send you promotional materials, special offers or competitions on our behalf or on behalf of our group companies and marketing partners. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive
- to send you invitations to take part in research, surveys and polls
- to send you details of employment opportunities
- for internal record keeping
- for any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or government authority
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You may unsubscribe from e-mails you receive
- You may cancel your account at any time
- Please note that if you upload or post any Data to the Pharmacy Forum, we may use it in accordance
- with our terms and conditions of use and it may be viewed and used by others. Pharmacy Forum accepts no responsibility for this.
By providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to us:
(b) transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary for these purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to seek to ensure that your Data is protected.
Accessing you own data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by CIG Digital Ltd (where such data is held) by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the address in paragraph 11 and we will take the necessary action within a reasonable time. We charge a fee of £25 for complying with such a request and we reserve the right to require you to confirm and prove your identity
Questions about the Pharmacy Forum and the information we hold about you
If you have any general questions about the Pharmacy Forum or the information we have collected about you and how we use it, you can contact Pharmacy Forum, CIG Digital Ltd, Linen Hall, 162-168 Regent Street, London W1B 5TB, United Kingdom. If you have any questions about your information including what we hold and how it is used, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information held about you (for which we charge a fee of £25.00) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.