Rent This Space Now & Sponsor Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working with Nexphase

Linnear is offline Registered Pharmacist

Working with Nexphase

Hi there I'm working in an Alliance new acquisition on Weds that has Mediphase.

Last time I worked with it I nearly threw the whole network out the window!

Any tips tricks etc. anyone aware of?

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE EE!
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

johnep is online now Moderator

nextphase

Locum Tang has site devoted to cptr systems.
    johnep

Thanks John, I have posted a thread on there.

I also found a manual on line but anyone out there that might have any tips please let me know.

Thanks
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Pharmanaut is offline Newly registered in 1981

Working with Nexphase

Quote Originally Posted by Linnear View Post
    Thanks John, I have posted a thread on there.

I also found a manual on line but anyone out there that might have any tips please let me know.

Thanks
    Well, how did you find it?
    Is it better and the other cegedimrx offering called 'Pharmacy Manager'?

Wasn't as bad as it used to be but still not brilliant.

I cannot stand the way that there are no on screen prompts for which buttons to press and also the way it takes about 18 steps to delete something off someone's records.

Oh yeah and the ordering's naff.

So much better than the last time I worked with it.

If Pharmacy manager is the windows based one I rate it slightly higher than Nexphase.
    Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Zoggite is offline Simply Ze Best!
    the way it takes about 18 steps to delete something off someone's records.
    You'll just lurrrvvve Lloyds's new Compass system then!
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Cymraes is offline Registered Pharmacist
    I cannot stand the way that there are no on screen prompts for which buttons to press and also the way it takes about 18 steps to delete something off someone's records.
    Press Ctrl (or right click mouse) for pop-up menu prompt for the window you are in. To delete a whole script you just did click into the RHS window that shows all the script you have done for the day on that patients Rx right click and select delete. For single line go to the window below and do the same thing but for the single item.

Oh yeah and the ordering's naff.
    Does depend to a certain extent on how it has been set up. They do have lots of options, whoever sorts the ordering can set the thing up to run automatically. Doesn't take too long - I have done it. Saying that, have a baby size dispensary!

So much better than the last time I worked with it.
    It has improved lots, but the problem with Nexphase is they keep on bringing out new versions without telling you, and when they do so they can bugger up all your settings.

The best bug I ever found was when I enable quick script saving all the patients labels printed out with the name of the previous patient on them. Just to clarify - the computer record on the PMR had the correct patient name but the labels printed had the name of the patient Rx done previous on the PMR. When I phoned them up to tell them, they said, "oh yeah, we know about that, you need to turn quick script saving off" to which ranted about how they need to tell people about these bugs due to patient safety and my indemnity premiums. Apparently though, it wasn't their fault because my computer should have picked up an update to fix the problem but mysteriously hadn't somehow!!

If Pharmacy manager is the windows based one I rate it slightly higher than Nexphase.
    Though Nexphase was windows based??

Pharmanaut is offline Newly registered in 1981

Pharmacy Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Cymraes View Post

Though Nexphase was windows based??
    Pharmacy Manager is Windows Based.
    How about a bit of history...
    Thanks to my contact in the IT industry for help. (Information given over a hands-free mobile so some spellings may be incorrect)
    It was born around 8 years ago and given the name "Sunrise" at JRC (formerly John Richardson Computers). The other competing windows system at the time was Pills Plus (from Hadley Hutt). NDCHealth, a US company, took over Hadley Hutt (PILLS and PILLS Plus (PMR) Checkout (EPOS) and another company, Chemtec, whose systems were called Alchemist (PMR) and Prophet (EPOS). Later on, NDC Health bought up JRC. At this time they had 5 PMR systems and two EPOS systems - 3 Dos PMR systems, two windows based systems and two DOS EPOS systems. Pills Plus was the first to be discontinued, then followed Alchemist and the JRC programs, then Checkout, leaving Sunrise (now rebranded Pharmacy Manager) and Prophet (EPOS) now branded Retail Manager. NDCHealth decided to pull out of Europe and concentrate on the US market. Cegedim, a French company, and owner of In Practice Systems bought NDCHealth, which then became CegedimRx. Time passed and CegedimRx merged with Enigma Health, so now Nexphase, Mediphase, Pharmacy Manager and Retail Manager are all CegedimRx offerings. The company operates from two sites, Leyland and the new site in Chertsea.

That's the end of the potted history, so back to my own speculation on whats next? Not a lot.

All our PMR system suppliers are working like mad on getting the EPS processes, systems and infrastructure to work together reliably. Under the circumstances our suppliers are doing a reasonably good job as they are effectively working on 'a promise' on our behalf. Look at the news coverage of the CfH project and the money spent so far - literally none of this is going to the Pharmacy PMR suppliers. OK, maybe they get a cup of tea and a biscuit at meetings. Look at the historical background of other government IT initiatives. It is a wonder we have got so far.
    Last edited by Pharmanaut; 22nd, February 2007 at 08:54 PM. Reason: repitition

Re: Working with Nexphase

The shop in the town where I was brought up now has Nexphase. I've been there the last two days and it was a nightmare.

I rang their IT dept yesterday to find out how to... wait for it!

... produce an owing for a Rx dispensed....

LAST WEEK! Yes, a whole seven days!

The frontline IT desk didn't know. Put a call through to the TRAINERS! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

An hour later I got a call with advice that didn't work

An hour later I got fed up and called again. The TRAINER didn't like my implications that Nexphase was a heap of shit and got quite snotty.

When he explained how to do it I asked why the IT bloke before didn't know something so basic he said, "He's not a TRAINER."

So I thanked him, curtsied and hung up.

All good fun!
    Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Cymraes is offline Registered Pharmacist

Question Re: Working with Nexphase

So what is Pharmacy manager like if you prefer it - am having to make decisions about what system to go with as ETP sign up for Wales has deadline of 31st MArch or the LHB take our IT allowance back. If I sign up with Cegedim now, then am stuck with Nexphase for the next 3 years or can change to Pharmacy Manager. Or I can go with a completely different company but have to spend extra dosh on a new system. Any thoughts on the best system out there from Locum and regular Pharmacist point of view? Other than LINK as I'm with Unichem.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast